Custom Search

Monday, December 5, 2016

Old Saltine Pralines




1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 Tbs. light Karo syrup
1/4 cup water
saltine crackers
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup sliced almonds (optional)

To prepare: Arrange saltines salty side up on cookie sheet. Have the chocolate chips measured and nearby. Have a glass with cold water right next to the stove, ready to test the stage of the candy.



Combine the butter, syrup, sugar, and water and stir constantly on medium heat until boiling. Boil until it reaches the hard crack stage (when dropped into the cold water it will crack and break easily) and the mixture will be brown (no longer golden). It took about 15-20 minutes for me to reach this point. 

Pictorial way to know when it is done

Not Done

Now its done and ready


When you've reached the hard crack stage--pour and spread quickly covering the saltines. 
Immediately pour the chocolate chips over the hot mixture and spread them covering the toffee (they will melt themselves when they touch the hot toffee).Spread the sliced almonds over the top, pushing them down slightly with the back of the spoon.Allow to cool and set. Break apart into bite size pieces.

Enjoy!

22 comments:

  1. Wow I've never tried this before... I'm sure it taste delicious! Thanks for the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good, I'm going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow simple and looks amazing! Great one to bake with kids! Pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never tried these. They look so delicious and easy to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's surprisingly easy to assemble! I love saltines and pralines! This is a lovely snack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks good! It's easy to make as well. I would love to make this for this kids this Christmas! I'm sure they're going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love saltine pralines they are divinge and quite easy to make as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow and so easy too. They'd be dangerous for my waistline though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks so yummy.. I can't wait to try this recipe..Very easy to make..

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks like an easy to follow recipe for something delicious! I would make some over the weekend. This would be great to have with tea, while reading a good book on a lazy weekend afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a simple recipe and it looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So yummy! Love the salty sweet combo.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg these look so yummy!!!! I must give your recipe a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great way to spruce up crackers. I love this tons!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks good! I'm always looking for an easy and quick recipe. Great idea

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow I have never tried this before and it looks fun and simple to make! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a great way to use up Saltines! I've got a box in my pantry, I'll definitely have to give this a go!

    Sondra Barker
    PrettyFitFoodie
    prettyfitfoodie.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love saltines!!! this recipe is so awesome! OMG i want to try it asap

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post