Custom Search

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Monster Cookies

My kid brother loves Monster cookies and when we were younger I would make them for him every year. He was a bit spoiled after all he was just 14 years younger than me. I had great time with my kid brother and now still love to visit him and his children. I hope to do that again sometime soon




1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
8 Tbsp (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1 cup granulated white sugar
3 large eggs
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup peanut butter ships
1 cup plain M&M's
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookies sheets with parchment paper, or spray cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.

In standing mixer with paddle attachment, cream the peanut butter, butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Add oats and baking soda, and mix until well combined. Add chips and M&M's, and stir until well combined.

Drop the cookies by tablespoonfuls (I use a tablespoon size cookie scoop) onto prepared cookie sheets. (Note: I dropped cookies onto wax paper lined cookie sheets and froze them for a couple weeks before baking).

Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

15 comments:

  1. What a great recipe so full of all my favourite ingredients! I bet it is delicious!










































































    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, these look delicious. I love cookies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you and me both, thanks for stopping by and your sweet comment

      Delete
  3. hahaha, cookies look so good, you made me hungry now. Monster cookies for me this sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes always very tasty and so delicious thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. Those look really tasty. I am in serious need of some baking this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh we are just getting started, all though many do the baking before the holidays we love baking during winter break
      thanks for coming to visit

      Delete
  5. I love how colorful these are and it is a recipe that my kids can help with too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats my favorite kind when we can get the kids in the kitchen and have fun
      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. These sound so good! And what wonderful memories you have attached to them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookie recipe sounds so good! I love peanut butter cookies. My teens are about a decade apart from my younger children. I always think about when they are older how I hope they stay very close as they are now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I love all cookies! I will have to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These sound amazing! I am adding this to my list of cookies to make this year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like the simplicity of this recipe. The kids would love this too, especially with the M&M 's in there.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post