Custom Search

Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday HodgePodge



1.  Do you find yourself influencing your world, or is it more the other way around?

I believe it is a bit of both. While I often become the leader I get my inspiration from others thoughts as well as my own. 

2.  July 14th is National Tape Measure Day...the device was patented on this date in 1868. When did you last use a tape measure? Do you always know where to find one in your house? Tell us one way in which you feel blessed 'beyond measure'.

I have one inside of my (yes my) toolbox. I have used it when flea marketing, measuring for curtains and use one at work every time we get a new resident. I have been blessed beyond measure in so many ways. From being able to have a job that I like and have no fear of not getting paid or of losing it. I have been blessed with my family and while not all is perfect we did come together on the 5th of July for a great get together. I am blessed as I know the future for my children is promised. They have found good life mates and have good jobs as well

3.  The Plaza Hotel (Eloise), The Land of Oz (The Wizard of Oz), Narnia (The Chronicles of Narnia), The Hundred Acre Wood (Winnie the Pooh), Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland), or Never Never Land (Peter Pan)...which storybook land (on this list!) would you most like to visit and why?

The Hundred acre Woods would be where I would love to visit. The beauty of the woods and the friendly characters draws my attention in that direction. I love how the characters work together if we had more of that in reality our world would be a much better place.

4.   Where and when do you get your best ideas?

It is funny but I get my best ideas while working. Whether it be housework or at my job my mind begins to wonder and the ideas start to flow

5.   So what have you been watching on TV this summer? Anything good?

I randomly watch T.V. in summer time. If I am able to get outside that is where you will find me


6. . 'Don't swim for an hour after you eat', 'Dog days of summer', 'Knee high by the fourth of July'...choose a summer saying from the list or share one of your own, then tell us what image or memory comes to mind when you hear it spoken.

Don't swim for an hour after you eat brings back memories of summer camp. I can remember many of us being ready to run out into the water and the camp counselor always being there to send us back and wait a bit longer

7. In a single sentence, sum up one life lesson you've learned.

life happens make sure you happen with it

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

County fair is next week here where we live. As  I looked through the exhibitors books I recalled going to show for many different projects. My mother always made sure we completed and helped us whenever we would ask. My question is did any of you compete at the county fair?? 


5 comments:

  1. Hello Angie. Thanks for visiting my Hodgepodge today! I enjoyed your answers and my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I've never competed at a county fair, but I always thought it would be fun. I'd love to enter a pie baking contest!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never competed at a county fair, but often wondered what it would be like. I love looking at the exhibits.
    Thanks for stopping by today :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for stopping over. You are a no-reply so I couldn't reply to your comment. I remember very well not being able to swim for an hour after we ate. Like your answer for #7.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Thank you stopping in at The River. I agree, corn sure does grow different these days. We have some that is NECK high. ;-)
    Yes, I was in 4-H growing up and as an adult I entered open class at our county fair. During my years in 4-H I took many projects.
    In may adult Open Class days I have submitted photography, flowers and art projects.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post