Custom Search

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Pecan Tassies

Pecan pie is for you if you like nuts and love pie. Want something deliciously sweet then Pecan Pie Day is for you. You will find Pecan Pie on the menu of most diners and for a good reason. It seems that pecan pie is a very popular choice of dessert seekers. Today to celebrate National Pecan Pie Day try this recipe for pecan pie treats. Share with your friends or co-workers. If you have no time to bake head out to your local store or restaurant and pick up a pecan pie or pecan pie treat.




Cream Cheese Pastry:
1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter, at room temperature
6 ounces (170 grams) regular (full fat) cream cheese, at room temperature
2 tablespoons (25 grams) granulated white sugar
2 cups (260 grams) all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
PecanFilling:
3 large eggs, at room temperature
1 1/2 cups (310 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
4 tablespoons (55 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 - 1 1/2 cups (100 - 125 grams) coarsely chopped pecans


Cream Cheese Pastry:In the bowl of your electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, beat the butter, cream cheese, and sugar  until light and fluffy. Add the flour and salt and beat until incorporated. Divide the pastry into four equal portions. Flatten each portion into a round disk, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for about one hour or until firm (can be chilled overnight).
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Have ready two - 24 cup miniature muffin pans.
Remove one round of the pastry from the refrigerator. On a lightly floured surface roll thepastry until it's about 1/8 inch thick. Using a round or fluted cookie cutter, that is slightly larger than the muffin cups, cut the pastry into rounds, and then gently fit the rounds into the muffin tins. Gather up any scraps of pastry and re-roll. (Each portion will make about 12 rounds of pastry.) Repeat with the other three disks of chilled pastry. Place the pastry lined muffin tins in the refrigerator while you make the pecan filling.
Pecan Filling: Place the eggs in a large bowl, and whisk  until lightly beaten. Then whisk, or stir, in the brown sugar, melted butter, vanilla, and salt until well combined. Spoon or pour about 1 tablespoon of the filling into each of the pastry-lined muffin tins (you want the pastry cups to be about 3/4 full). Sprinkle each with some coarsely chopped pecans.
Bake in the preheated oven for about17-20 minutes, or until the pastry has nicely browned around the edges and the filling is just set, but still a little soft in the center. (The filling does puff up during baking but will settle back down during cooling.) Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool for about five minutes before removing the Pecan Tassies to finish cooling on a wire rack. Pecan Tassies can be frozen.
Makes about 48 miniature Pecan Tassies


recipe source :http://www.joyofbaking.com/

shared at
titus 2 tuesday
tuesday at our home

15 comments:

  1. This looks really good. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pecan tarts. I discovered them this year in the states. Now I can make my own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, the look delish, can't wait to try them

    ReplyDelete
  4. another great recipe to possibly try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. another great recipe I could possibly try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dont really like nuts but this looks lovely. I like trying new recipes and wonder if there was something else I could replace the nuts with...?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so funny, I was just looking through my collected recipes the other day, and came across a very similar recipe. Then I realized how long it had been since I had these...they are so good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pecan pie is one of my favorite pies. These look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not really into pecans, but my parents would love them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pecan Pie is pretty much a staple in every restaurant, and there's no denying that it's really good. I think making these at home would be delightful! Thanks so much for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look scrumptious! I'm saving this receipe! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Pecans, my aunt take home some from her trip. I will try this recipe, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, I love pecan desserts! This looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love pecan desserts so much & my goodness this one looks absolutely delicious. Though the recipe looks like lot of work, I am sure it is worth to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  15. These sounds amazing! I've never tried adding cream cheese to pie crusts before, I can just imagine how flaky they turn out

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post