Custom Search

Friday, April 9, 2010

lessons learned when having troubles in the world of parenting

Dear...sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow." James 1:2-3 (NLT)

Oh my some days as a mom we feel that if anything else goes wrong we may just loose it all. Last night was a day like that for me. One rebellious teen can shake the rest of a set of parents trying their best. It is so hard at times to explain why there are rules and why these rules must be followed. I hate to be the bad guy but when rules are broke then the time comes when I must become the enforcer alongside of my husband. I love the verse above because it shows love and encouragement in a way that I needed it today. The troubled moments an opportunity to become a source of great joy. That would be wonderful and does happen more often than not but the Joy is not always something that happens immediately sometimes it takes time for understanding to set in. However, through it all my endurance, lessons and the opportunity to share what I learn with others does happen. That is all lessons in parenting it seems no matter what step you are on infants, toddlers, school age and yes teenagers prayer and the love we receive from our Heavenly father keeps us going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post