Custom Search

Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Crockpot Goulash

Goulash was one of those go to dishes for my mom when I was growing up. In the fall and winter when the temps outside were not so welcoming Goulash would help us all warm up. She would cook it all day and when it was supper time it was ready to eat. I hope you find this recipe a delight and who knows may also become one of your go to meals as well 



Ground Beef, 80/20 - 2 Pounds
Large Yellow Onion - 1
Large Cloves Garlic, Minced - 4
Water - 3 Cups
Canned Tomato Sauce - 2 (15 Ounce)
Canned Diced Tomatoes - 2 (14.5 Ounce)
Soy Sauce - 3 Tablespoons
Dried Oregano - 2 Tablespoons
Dried Basil - 2 Teaspoons
Dried Bay Leaves - 2
Seasoned Salt - 1 Tablespoon
Black Pepper - 1/2 Teaspoon
Elbow Macaroni, Uncooked - 2 Cups


In a large Dutch oven, cook the meat over medium heat, breaking up the meat as it cooks into small pieces. Cook until the meat is cooked through and there's no longer any pink. Stir in the onions and garlic. Cook and stir the mixture until the onions are translucent.
Stir in water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, soy sauce, oregano, basil, bay leaves, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the pasta, cover, and simmer over low heat until the pasta is tender, about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, discard bay leaves, and refrigerate, if possible, overnight. If you must, you could serve. :)

shared at
happiness is homemade
no rule weekend
sundays best

9 comments:

  1. Around these parts we call that chop suey. It was one of my favorite meals growing up and I still love it to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg this looks so good! I just saved it and am planning to make it this week! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not had goulash in so many years! I am all about simple and classic recipes that the entire family will love. Yummers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a hearty and delicious goulash recipe! It sounds simple to make and one of those dishes that the whole family will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like it would be a great fall meal. I should definitely try it with my family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This goulash looks amazing. I love being able to warm up with a good crock pot dish after a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great! Another yummy recipe to add to my menu plan this week. My daughter will be visiting this weekend and I am going to make this for her and her husband. Oh, my grandson would love this too. He's turning out to be a pasta monster. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The recipe is so easy and looks so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe how easy this goulash is to make. I would love to try it as I'm sure it has some great flavors.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post