Custom Search

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Mexican Caviar

One of my favorite memories happened during a summer where I was able to hang out with a family that loved horses. They were individuals that lived on a farm and knew how to have fun. This recipe would have went well at one of their many gatherings.


Mexican Caviar {aka Cowboy Salsa}



(Another great recipe passed on to me by my friend Laura! Slightly modified to the original.)

Mix together & bring to a boil:
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup white sugar
3/4 cup apple cider vinegar (I used regular white vinegar)
1 Tablespoon water
salt and pepper to taste
Cool and add to mixture below:
1 cup diced green pepper
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup onion (preferably red)
1 cup diced celery
Cilantro – as much or as little as you want! The more the merrier :0)
Chop veggies very fine and mix together in large bowl.

Drain,  rinse and add to veggies:

1 large can black beans
1 large can lentils
1 small can corn niblets


Let marinate overnight and then drain.  Keeps for 3 weeks in fridge – if you can keep your paws off it for that long!  Serve with tortilla chips (if you’re a health-conscious person, Tostitos rounds are only 7 grams of fat per serving!)

shared at
Whats for dinner 
over the moon party
life on lakeshore drive 
the scoop
amaze me monday 
you are a star 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing at the What's for Dinner link up! Sounds pretty simple to make and looks really tasty!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post