Custom Search

Sunday, February 19, 2017

Captain Crunch French Toast

One of my favorite treats to myself is to head out to breakfast and enjoy french toast from a little local restaraunt called the Barbq barn. It is so very tasty and somehow taste so much different than what I can make at home not to mention that melt in the mouth warm buttery tasting syrup. While this is my favorite treat here is another one that you may find interesting as well. 





4-5 Servings

3/4 cup heavy cream
3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
3 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
8-10 slices bread, such as Texas toast or French bread
Butter for cooking

Topping:
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp confectioner's sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
2 cups assorted fresh seasonal berries

Mix the cream, eggs, sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl and whisk until combined.

Put the cereal in a storage bag and use a rolling pin to crush cereal until it resembles cracker meal. Transfer the cereal to a shallow bowl.

Dip a couple slices of the bread into the cream mixture until soft but not completely soaked. Let excess liquid drip from the bread, then press into the cereal crumbs to coat evenly. Place on a sheet pan and repeat with the remaining slices.

Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, add butter as needed, and cook the bread until caramelized on both sides, about 6 to 8 minutes total.

For the whipped cream toppin; Beat the cream, confectioners' sugar, and vanilla in a large bowl with a hand mixer to soft peaks. Dollop on top of the French taost and serve with the berries.

recipe resource here

shared at
Weekend Blog Party

19 comments:

  1. I can not wait to try this. Oh my gosh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you do please come back and let me know how it goes

      Delete
  2. YUMMM! Need to try this next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you had a pleasant weekend and was able to try this tasty recipe
      thanks for your visit and I invite you to come back and see us again

      Delete
  3. please do so and let me know how great it went over
    thanks for visiting

    ReplyDelete
  4. Always looking for new breakfast treat. My husband will like it even more then my children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes that is how my boys are they are more into things like this than their own children
      thanks for visiting

      Delete
  5. This looks amazing. I am defiantly going to have to try this one out for our Sunday breakfast. When everyone is home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. would make for both a great breakfast and a great conversation as well
      thanks for visiting us

      Delete
  6. This sounds and looks absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I make french toast almost every weekend and usually use a cinnamon sugar combination. I can't wait to try crushing up cereal. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awesome please let me know how much you love it
      thanks for the visit

      Delete
  8. This sounds super good! I bet my daughter would have fun making it with me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can well imagine that she would what a great opportunity thanks for the visit

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post