Custom Search

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Can Food Recipe === Share your favorite can food recipe

March is canned food month. It seems like anything you want to eat can be found in a can. What is your favorite recipe made from canned foods? Would love to have you share them or share a link so I can visit. I am looking forward to seeing what you share Yummy!!! 


Tomato, Corn, Bean and Chile Salad
1 can corn
1 can beans (I prefer black, but this time I went with kidney since I didn’t have any…go figure)
1 can diced tomatoes
1 small can green chiles
1/2 cup green onions, chopped (if you don’t have any, add 1-2 tsp onion powder)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced (again, if you don’t have it, add a tsp garlic powder)
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
1 teaspoon cumin

This is really complicated. Open all the cans, pour contents into a bowl with onions and garlic, and stir. This is even better the next day once the flavors have melded together.
Now that it’s made, here are a few ways I’ve eaten this:
Add to a tortilla and make a burrito
Add to a quesadilla
Serve on top of lettuce for a fiesta salad
Eat with chips like salsa or nachos
Add to pasta
Eat plain :)
Easy peasy. Enjoy!

This is the end results

shared at
full plate thursday

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie,
    We will love your Chili Salad, it looks so good! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome recipe with us at Full Plate Thursday. Hope you are having a great day and come back to see us real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post