Custom Search

Friday, September 23, 2016

Corn Cob Painting

In our area right outside of town you will find corn fields. Many times after the farmers have harvested the fields they will allow one to glean the fields for any corn that may be left behind. While the corn is good for many things from squirrels to crafts one of our favorite things is corn cob printing. This is a great activity to do with your child. The dried corn on the cob offers a texture that when rolled in paint leaves a textured painting. 

You will need: 
•paper plates (for paint) 
•ears of corn (some stripped of kernels, some with kernels) 
•tempera paint 
•paper (large sheets if available)

Cover a table with newspapers as this can be quite messy We were able to find some long rolls of paper and that is always nice to use with projects like this. Dip the corn cob in paint, use cob roller style and simply roll the cob on the paper One fun thing to do would be to use different colors for different effects. Compare prints made by cobs with and without corn.

15 comments:

  1. I bet kids would love this art project. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen many do just that. Thanks for the visit and comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My former neighborhor did it a lot, I didn't understand them cos I was younger..

    http://brendascouch.com/2016/09/24/self-worth-not-decrease-people-fail-value/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. some of the older individuals in our lives often do things that are interesting but we let go of because we have other concerns
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a great message

      Delete
  5. I haven't heard of corn cob painting before. It sounds like a fun autumn activity.
    Laura,
    www.passportcollective.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it is an awesome fall activity try it out and see what you think
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete
  6. I sort of wish you showed us the actual paintings, but it sounds exciting enough. Gonna look into it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. may have to do just that but in the meantime try to make your own art
      thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete
  7. Love this idea! Such a cool way to make art. I have to try this with my kids!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is something totally innovative. I know the kids will love it. Will try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simple cheap and fun. What more can you ask for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never tried corn printing! How fun!
    xoxo,

    Ileana

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun activity! I'll have to do this with my 2 girls! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's a fun craft idea especially since the kids are involved. It will help bring out their creativity and it makes good memories as well.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post