Custom Search

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hodge Podge Wednesday

1. Lake Superior University has once again published a list of words/phrases they think should be banished from the Queen's English...here's the list for 2013-

fiscal cliff, kick the can down the road, double down, job creators/creation, passion/passionate, yolo (acronym for you only live once), spoiler alert, bucket list, trending, superfood, boneless wings, and guru

Which of these words would you most like to see banished from everyday speech and why? Go here to read more about how the words were chosen.

well I must say that the fiscal cliff has been talked about quite a bit I really would  like  a normal term for this.

2. When was the last time you rode a train? Where did you go?
I have never rode a train unless you count the little train at the zoo and so forth

3. Bagels-yay or nay? Favorite 'flavor'? Favorite topping?

I personally dont like them but must say that my kids sure do they seem to like cinnamon or blueberry the best with lots of cream cheese

4. 'Tis the season of awards shows....if you could star in a movie already made, which one would you choose?

Never really thought about this one much but would say it would be so fun to be in the movie grease

5. The move towards single gender classrooms has been making the news in recent months...what say you? Do you think kids perform better if separated by gender and are taught differently or is that discrimination? If you're a parent is this something you'd support in regard to your own children?

Don't like this idea much as part of the school years is socialazation and getting along with each other sometimes this is done best in the classroom or on the playground

6. What's your favorite thing about staying in a hotel?

ask my daughter she would say the hotel pool me myself I would say the fact that she is always there

7. Do you have a 'word' for 2013? What's the story behind your choice?

slowly picking up the word determination because that is what I am this year to make my goals


8. Insert your own random thought here.

remember to always smile
what would your answers be? Share in the fun here

3 comments:

  1. My oldest daughter loves grease. I couldn't tell you how many times we have watched it. She knows every single line by heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blueberry bagels sure seem to be popular with the hodgepodgers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the blueberry bagels, but my favorite are the savory as opposed to the sweet. Glad you played along this week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post