Custom Search

Friday, December 2, 2011

Amish Apple Fritters

The blog In The Lost World shared that today is fritter day. You can read more about fritters there. I love fritters and thought I would share a recipe of my own.

1/2 cup lukewarm water
2 tablespoons yeast
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon shortening, melted
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup flour
1 egg, beaten
1 cup chopped apples (soak apples in lemon juice before chopping)


Soften yeast in lukewarm water. Add sugar, salt, shortening, egg and sifted flour. Let raise 40 minutes.
Stir down, add cut fruit and drop by rounded teaspoon into hot fat or oil, 370 to 375 degrees F. Fry to golden brown and sprinkle with sugar.

recipe source here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post