Custom Search

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Peanut Butter and Bacon Cookies

March 1st is the National day to celebrate Peanut Butter and Pigs and one of my favorite things about a pig is that is where bacon comes from. So why not a cookie that uses both peanut butter and bacon? Well I did find a great one on the blog Joy The Baker To make your own here is the recipe
1 cup all-natural chunky or smooth peanut butter

1 cup sugar (1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/2 cup granulated sugar)
1 egg
1 teaspoon baking soda
about 6 slices of bacon, cooked, cooled and dices


In a skillet over medium high heat, fry up bacon until cooked through and let cool on paper towels until cool enough to dice. Dice up and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet with butter and set aside. In a mixer combine peanut butter and sugars until well combined, about 2 minutes. Add egg and baking soda and mix for another 2 minutes. Fold in cooked bacon. Roll into large walnut sized balls and create a cris-cross pattern with a fork. If you'd like, roll the dough balls in granulated sugar before making thecris-cross pattern. Bake for 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool on a baking sheet for five minutes, then transfer to... your mouth.


shared on

”featured
Topsy Turvey

http://alli-n-son.com/2011/03/03/monster-cookies/

5 comments:

  1. Oh my! I don't know if I would want bacon in my cookies.

    Hopping over here from Totally Tuesday. I am a new follower.

    http://www.wakelarunen.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting combination of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love recipes that include bacon. Thanks for sharing this!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bacon must taste good with chocolate - I've seen choc. covered bacon in candy shops before. But I can't bring myself to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i have been meaning to make something just like this! but with salted caramel too. think that would be a welcome addition having now made them? love it, by the way! thanks for sharing :)
    -meg
    @ http://www.clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post