Custom Search

Monday, February 28, 2011

Cheese

My family loves cheese from grilled cheese sandwiches to cheese dips my family loves cheese. Sargentos has a way of making the food taste great and my grocery budget go further. Sargento has traditonal flavors like the colby jack cheese and a bit stronger flavor in the mexican flavored cheese and don't forget about the delicious parmesan cheese  There are many different cheeses and they all have something that they are all good for. I enjoy snacking on cheese and crackers and I also love to cook with cheese One thing that my group really likes is cheese dip. I thought I would share a cheese dip recipe that my teens love

Mexican Cheese Dip


10 oz Pepper jack cheese; grated
1 md Onion
Butter to cook the onion
1 ts Garlic; crushed
1 Tablespoons of flour
1 cn Tomato paste
1 c Whipping cream

Cook the onions in what is preferably a teflon-coated cast-iron pot, until browning or even slighter burning. When the onions are acceptable, add the flour, garlic, cream, and tomato paste. When that
becomes soft and hot, gradually add the cheese until bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post