Custom Search

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Thankful Thursday


Well I was up on this early Thursday morning as my son left on his mission trip at 4 a.m. I was able to see the world my God created in a new perspective. The birds were chirping that early and the peacefulness of it all was wondrous. So in a way I could say I am thankful for being up that early and enjoying the early morning. I am also thankful that the storm that blew in early in the morning was quick and left without damage. If all storms in life were like that we could all be really thankful. I am thankful that my son has a heart for missions. He loves to tell others about the story of Jesus. The other day he sat down and read a devotional style book and was so eager to share with me. He learns so much and these learning experiences seem to want to bounce out of him. One odd thing that happened is that he found his jacket at the church this morning. I am so thankful for that. It is his letter men jacket and we had not been able to find it. We had looked around the church but with no luck til this morning. It all seems to be coming together and that is something that we can take so much comfort in and be thankful for.
what are you thankful for today?

3 comments:

  1. God bless your precious son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best wishes to your son!!! And, bless you for raising him to embrace mission. I pray I can train up my chidlren to love and serve God well, too.

    And, as for early mornings. They are such a blessing. I try to wake earlier than my family to pray and do things. I feel so blessed when I am able to rouse myself like that - with only the birds and the rising sun to accompany me as I start the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that your son does have a heart for missions!

    You might enjoy getting up at the crack of dawn as it's the best time to watch and listen to the birds and little animals.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post