Custom Search

Monday, May 31, 2010

Pantry Supplies


If you have cooked for a family for long you know there are certain items that you keep on hand and when those items need replenishing they instantly go on the shopping list. One of those items for me is my seasoning. I have used this since the time I was married 23 years ago. In the beginning I used more of it because to tell you the truth my food needed it because I was just learning to cook but through the years I have cut down on it and now only use it to enhance my food. We all have items that we keep on hand for various reasons. When building a pantry a great list to start with may include:


Useful Pantry Items

• Flour
• Sugar
• Rice

• Soup
• Pasta
• Baking soda
• Baking powder
• Nuts and legumes
• Canned vegetables


These items can be used to make quick meals, sweet treats, and stay good for quite a little while.

If you are like me and love to keep spices on hand then here is a quick list of spices and condiments you may want to keep on hand as well.



  • Ketchup
    • Mustard
    • Salt (plain and seasoned varieties)
    • Pepper
    • Vanilla extract (and others that you like)
    • Soy sauce
    • Chili powder
    mayonnaise

• Cinnamon

  • mustard

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post