Custom Search

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Our Oven on the Blitz

Wow!!! You know what they say as soon as the warranty is gone then the appliance will break down. Turns out our warranty ran out September of this year and last night the oven went on the blitz. After placing the meatloaf in the oven turning oven on and setting timer and waiting an hour to put on the sides I realized the oven was not on. Now who has not thought they turned the oven on and had not (please do not tell me I am the only one) Well I tried to turn the oven on and while the time was still working each time I would push the button to set the oven degree it would not work. Eventually I realized it was on the blitz and decided to fry up the meatloaf mix as meatloaf burgers. To tell you the truth they were pretty good. Now while I still have the problem of a broken oven I did feed the kids pretty good food. On that note here is another type of burger recipe that I found.
Southwestern Burgers

2 pounds ground pork or meatloaf mix
1-1/2 cups shredded pepper-Jack cheese
6 onion rolls, sliced
3/4 cup mayonnaise
1 can (4 ounces) diced pimentos, drained
Divide ground pork or meat loaf mix into 12 equal patties, about 3-1/2 inches in diameter. Place 1/4 cup shredded pepper-Jack cheese in center of each of the 6 patties. Top each with a patty; press edges to seal. Broil 6 to 7 minutes each side or until internal temperature registers 155 degrees F on instant-read thermometer. Toast onion rolls. In bowl, mix mayonnaise and diced pimientos. Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise mixture on each side of toasted rolls. Add burgers.

1 comment:

  1. That sounds like you had quite the adventure last night. But im glad tht you had a pretty good supper at the end of it all. But it sounds like you stove is only out in the oven i only have one burner that works on my stove. :) so we are kinda in the same boat

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post