Custom Search

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Book Review: Max Lucado Fearless

Title of book: Fearless Imagine Your Life Without Fear
Author: Max Lucado

Publisher: Thomas Nelson
Release Date: September 8, 2009
format: hardcover
pages: 224
Ages:
genre: nonfiction

Publisher Thoughts on the book:
Each sunrise seems to bring fresh reasons for fear.

They're talking layoffs at work, slowdowns in the economy, flare-ups in the Middle East, turnovers at headquarters, downturns in the housing market, upswings in global warming. The plague of our day, terrorism, begins with the word terror. Fear, it seems, has taken up a hundred-year lease on the building next door and set up shop. Over sized and rude, fear herds us into a prison of unlocked doors. Wouldn't it be great to walk out?

Imagine your life, wholly untouched by angst. What if faith, not fear, was your default reaction to threats? If you could hover a fear magnet over your heart and extract every last shaving of dread, insecurity, or doubt, what would remain? Envision a day, just one day, where you could trust more and fear less.

Can you imagine your life without fear?

My thoughts:
I believe Max Lucado has done it again. Known for writing great books with the Christian life as a directional, Lucado has created another great book directed at life as it is. I can remember right after the events of 9/11 how fearful we were. Now with the jobs and housing problems looming over the air fear leads to stress and stress leads to more fear. We all know that we are to depend on our Lord to protect us and to fend for us. That through faith we can lead a more ample life and fear only hinders that life. How great it would be to put full faith in him as we should and instead have faith to help us face the day.
What a wonderful book and for me it was a book that I read and wanted to share. It was a book that I wanted my daughter who is a young mother, my teens who are in college and my husband as well to read. It was a book that I wanted to share with all and my excitement made everyone I shared with want to read the book as well.
Max Lucado opens the world through bible verse, illustrations and carefully wording that allows us to see how fear paralyzes us and does not allow us to move forward even though it is safe and if fear were not present we would do it easily. How careful and brilliant is Max Lucado to demonstrate through bible verses as proof and illustrations as demonstrations to show us how are lives could be so much better if we gave up fear in our life.
I believe while this book is for sure christian related I believe that anyone should and will be able to find meaning in this wonderful book.

4 comments:

  1. OMG where were my manners on the other post. Happy Birthday to you today my friend. I hope you have a great day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh Happy Birthday :)

    This book sounds amazing I'm going to have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is the second time today that i have seen this book on blogs. i will check this out in my church's bookstore. i'm sure they have this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are fans of Max Lucado too. Great review. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post