Custom Search

Monday, June 8, 2009

What makes A home

Let me share with you what it means to me to have a home. It has not always been the case that my children and I knew where we would lay our heads. A few years ago we learned to rely on each other and those that loved us more when we lost our house. I am not sure what happened yet all that I know is the bank changed hands 3 times within a short period of time. Within these changes my mortgage payment was bumped with no one telling me. Nine months after being bumped up I was still making the mortgage payment that I thought I was to be making. I received a phone call that said my mortgage would be foreclosed on. We ended up loosing that house that we all loved. We learned a great lesson that a house is not what makes a home but those around us, our family makes the heart of the home. We ended up staying in a few different spots, sometimes sleeping in the same room because we did not feel safe with our children sleeping without us in the same room. The bond this created was wonderful. Eventually we found another house that we could move into and afford. At this time there was not allot of jobs, in order to stay together we had to move down state. Our little things that we had stored were like gold to use. We set up house and that became home. Oh how great it was, a wonderful feeling to know that who you love and the little memory trinkets you have are what made this new house home. That is what home meant to me.

Now if you want to share what home means to you then head over to twitter moms and read about the great contest Away We Go. The way I understand it is that the first 40 bloggers to post will receive a prize. You better hurry since this was just posted and 1/2 of those are all ready taken up

Good Luck

1 comment:

  1. A house is just a thing. Granted it's a huge thing in ones life, but I so agree with you it's your family and friends that make a home. What a wonderful post :) Aloha

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post