Custom Search

Friday, June 11, 2010

Cornmeal Crusted Catfish

One thing that is a favorite of many here in Southern Illinois is Fried Catfish. Since I was a little girl I can remember going to fish fries. One of my hubbys favorite restraunts is located right on the river and is a floating restraunt where some of the best catfish can be found here.

Cornmeal Crusted Catfish



3 slices bacon
1/3 cup yellow cornmeal
2 teaspoons salt-free Cajun seasoning
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets

Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crisp. Remove bacon from pan; reserve 2 teaspoons drippings in pan. Crumble bacon; reserve for another use. Combine cornmeal, seasoning, and salt in a shallow dish. Dredge fillets in cornmeal mixture, shaking off excess. Heat reserved drippings in pan over medium-high heat. Add fillets; cook 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness

Source: My Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post