Saturday, May 2, 2009
We received this wonderful little book for our little princess from Elemental Baby. The book begins with information about mom, dad and of course little princess. Travels through experiences that will come during the first 5 years of life. What a wonderful place to put all the wonderful memories.
Elemental Baby sells many styles of books including
- first year memory baby book
- early years memory baby book which is what we received
- Elemental Baby can custom make a baby book
- guest books
Don't worry the great memory books do not end as you move out of the baby stage. The Elemental Baby memory books continue through school years as well. Allowing you to continue to collect great memories to share later.
Pictures and memories to share are worth more than money and how great it is to keep all the great stories of your child's great childhood in a book so that those memories do not get lost. Elemental Baby allows that to happen so at a later time you can sit down and look back on how things have change.
- Had one teacher that fell on ice and never came back to school often wondered what happened to her since she was an older lady teacher
- Had one teacher that left after getting into it with the school board and never came back since he was a young teacher wondered what happened to him and where he is now
- Had a couple of teachers I believe were having an affair and we would sneak around to try to find things out about them we never did but they were both divorced within a years time and that just makes you wonder
- Had a great student teacher who taught in the art department she was so cool and I did learn alot even though I hate art. Wonder where she ended up teaching at
- Had a teacher that was quite vocal in his wild younger side I often wonder what he would of been like in his younger days (now a good friend of mine)
- Had a P.E teacher very hard in nature often wondered if she was funny. As I got older I found out she was just a hard working teacher/farmer great friend of my grandparents.
Want to list the top 6 things you wondered about your teachers? Well go to the MomDot blog here
One of the earliest products you can get for your little one is the swaddle blanket. When our children were little I suffered with swaddling in the beginning but when my mother showed me how I used this technique quite often. The Halo SleepSack 2 in 1 swaddle makes swaddling your baby even easier. The warmth of swaddling allows your little one and helps to calm your little one and helps prevent the startle reflex. The Halo SleepSack ensures that the blankets will not come loose and increase the need for SIDS but keep your baby safely wrapped for a great nights sleep.
The Halo SleepSack wearable blanket allows your little one to stay warm without the need of extra blankets. Once again allowing your little one a great nights sleep with no worry for the parents. It's the wearable blanket that carries the "#1 Safe Sleep Product" gold seal from First Candle/SIDS Alliance. The great Halo SleepSack is even available in an organic style which makes it the best for all.
The last product that Halo has that I am wanting to show you is the wonderful SleepSack on the go. This is not only safer for the baby but great for the parents. No longer is there a need to use those large blankets that never stay wrapped around your little one. Now with the SleepSack on the go is great.
Locate a store near you by using the store location located on the Halo website or by hitting here or you can order off of the Halo website.
Friday, May 1, 2009
- Was given the go home ticket from the hospital how can you not love that?
- I love the fact that I was the first person that my granddaughter blew a kiss to she is so sweet and all I can say is ha ha ha I was first take that papa
- I love the fact that I feel better even though i have test and medicine to take I feel better
- I love the fact that Prom is tomorrow and will be here and over soon
- I love the fact that my children do not demand what we can not give and only ask for what they would like and that the word no easy and are often surprised when we say yes. I love my children and all I can say is that they are allot easier to please than I was at their age
want to list your favorite 5? Visit the blog Living to tell the story here
2. have you ever seen lots of clams.
3. When I think of carnivals I think of my old hometown in the spring.
4. pansies my favorite spring flower.
5. Things on my desk include an empty glass that once held great iced tea.
6. rain makes me wanna sleep.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to cuddling with hubby, tomorrow my plans include garage sales and getting teens ready for prom and Sunday, I want to attend church as a family
to fill in your own answers or to see how others filled in the blanks go here
1 On May First, 1738, King Kamehameha I was born. What are your impressions of Hawaii?
Love to visit one day I think it would be quite lovely
2 On May First, 1873, Dr. David Livingstone died. When did you last presume something erroneous about someone or something?
not sure what erroneous even means
3 On May First, 1876, Mozart’s The Marriage of Figaro debuted. How do you feel about Disney’s animated classic Pinocchio?
I like it grew up with it and think it has a real moral
4 May First is Walpurgis Night in Sweden and other parts of northern Europe. When did you last sing in front of an audience?
when I was in choir in school many many years ago
5 Me First and the Gimme Gimmes are a punk rock cover band. What song’s cover version do you like better than its original version?
not sure just like to listen to music
to answer this weeks friday 5 or to see what others are saying visit here
- Prom day tommorow will be quite crazy
- Sunday will go to church and have a great family visit day
- Monday clean house as much as I can and doctors appointment in the morning
- Tuesday straighten clothes up as much as I can
- Wednesday we have a mission carnival at church this week
- Thursday plan to get in the yard and work
That is where my focus will be
what to see what others are focusing on visit the thrifty and chic mom blog here
Vegetable oil spray
4 cups wheat-flake or cornflake cereal, lightly crushed
1 medium garlic clove, crushed (optional)
1 teaspoon ground ginger, or to taste
1 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
Pepper to taste
6 pieces skinless chicken with bone (about 2 1/4 pounds), all visible fat discarded
Vegetable oil spray, butter-flavored or original
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a baking sheet with vegetable oil spray.
In a pie pan or on a piece of aluminum foil, stir together the cereal and garlic.
In a small bowl, combine the ginger, paprika, salt if using, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasonings on both sides of each piece of chicken.
Roll the chicken in the cereal crumbs to coat. Lightly spray the chicken on all sides with vegetable oil spray and put on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, or until the chicken is golden brown, tender and no longer pink in the center. (Timing will vary according to the thickness of the chicken pieces.)
Cook’s Tip on Skinning Poultry: You can dramatically reduce the amount of fat and cholesterol in poultry by throwing away the skin. Due to its slippery nature, however, poultry skin can be a challenge to remove. Hold the poultry piece on a flat surface (a plastic cutting board is recommended), grasp the skin with a double thickness of paper towels, and pull firmly. Discard the paper towels. Use a knife or kitchen scissors to trim any remaining visible fat.
for more simply delicious recipes visit the blog 3 sides of crazy here
also listed under make something monday on Go Graham Go and Jolly Mom
Check out more mouthwatering recipes at the blog From the Land of Monkeys and Princesses
I also listed this recipe with the other great recipes over at blissfully domestic
Tempting to your tummy as they are to mine recipes at the blog Blessed with Grace
Thursday, April 30, 2009
- A face that only a mother could love
- A love-hate relationship
- All's fair in love and war
- You only hurt the one you love
- The course of true love never did run smooth
- Puppy love
- Make love not war
- Love of money is the root of all evil
- Love potion number nine
- Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage
- It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all
- Birds do it, bees do it, even educated fleas do it
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder
For more Thursday 13 list or to list your own visit here
because i think it is frugal to use what you have and know when to use it I am listing this at tightwad teusday meme hosted by being frugal .net
- knowledge to know that when you are not at your fullest that he always is
- knowledge to know that he created me a place in life where I am loved with a husband that truly loves me
- the ability to count on others to come through when you are unable to
- for great friends both on different blogs as well as in real life
- the breeze that is coming through the window as I sit here typing this message
- the blessings that he provides to me through others as well as through the way he simply touches the nature outside
- for the sunny days as well as the rainy mornings for both are needed
want to see what others are thankful for? Check out the blog Women Taking A Stand blog here
What do you think about this lovely teddy bear purse? I love it. The picture does not do it justice. You can not see the intricate bead and button work done on this purse. It is so stylish that even a teenage girl would love to carry this great purse. It is not homemade but in my opinion the next best thing as all the tiny details help to carry off a great look making this a great purse. I have hidden this little purse away and will give it to my granddaughter for her first birthday. The great velvet and porzellan beads are creatively used to make the bears face come to life.
Let me show you a few other great items that are sold on the Jackie Heinsohn website. Just look at the great pair of earrings. So whimsical and stylish nearly Victorian looking. The great look of the turquoise hitting against the night blue crystals will help these bring out any great outfit. The earrings are both nickel and lead free.
Jackie Heinsohn does not forget about the littlest ones in the family either. The great apparel that is available on the Jackie Heinsohn site can flatter many members of the family. You will have to check them out for yourself.
Check out other great things that others love on the blog The Diaper Diaries here
Wednesday, April 29, 2009
contest is over and winner has been selected
Big Feet, Little Feet, Old Feet, Baby Feet whatever feet Ozone has a sock to fit those feet. A short time back I reviewed on the great Ozone Sock Company and you can read that review here
Whether you like fancy socks like these:
or short free moving socks like these:
Ozone Socks are sure to have a great pair of socks that you are sure to love. Would you love to have a great pair of socks for yourself. Ozone Socks would love to give one of Annies Home readers a chance to win a great pair of Ozone Socks.
All you have to do is visit the Ozone Socks Website and tell me your favorite pair.
- follow my blog (2 entries)
- grab my button let me know where you put it (2 entries)
- subscribe to my blog (2 entries)
- follow me on twitter and tweet this giveaway (3 entries) link in comments
- blog about this giveaway (6 entries) link in comments
- Share this giveaway somewhere else let me know where (5 entries)
contest runs through May 15, 2009 Open to everyone Have fun and remember include your email and entries for each you do
Myspace Comments - Myspace Layouts - Host Images
This verse as I travel through the days of test to find out what is wrong with my stomach as well days of raising my children I will cary this verse
Do you want to share a great verse? Visit the blog the 160 Acre Woods here
Susan Brown hand sanitizer is the perfect problem for moms to keep in their purse or diaper dog. This great hand sanitizer contains jojoba and vitamin E to allow you to keep your hands sanitized without drying them out. Susan Brown's Baby site that sells these great products has an ingredient page where you can look up exactly what is in every product. You can find that page here To find the great Susan Brown Products you can visit one of the great stores that sells them or order online. To find out if there is store near you visit here So whether you are looking for a product for you, your little one or for a great baby shower idea think Susan Brown's Baby products.
Win a great bottle of Susan Brown hand sanitizer for yourself. All you have to do is leave a comment saying you would love to try the great hand sanitizer.
- you can follow me, follow me on twitter, twitter about the giveaway or blog this giveaway (if you choose to do 1 or all of them please leave message in comment letting me know what you did for each extra entry)
- contest will end May 9, 2009
Homemade Hand Sanitizer Recipe (borrowed from Heart of my Home blog)
1 c. aloe vera gel
1 t. rubbing alcohol
2 t. glycerin
8 drops of tea tree oil or a favorite scent
I am putting mine in small squeeze bottles. I may try making a big batch and putting it in an old ketchup bottle so I always have some on hand.
Well that works for me what works for you? Want to find out what works for others? Visit here at We Are That Family blog
Do any of the LTD chix characters fit you? If you are a mom then I am sure that at least one of them do. I received the wonderful laundry shirt in blue and I gladly sport it many different places and share the thought with others how great being a mother is. After all the laundry I have to do being the mom of 6 children has been a chore but one that was done daily. I love to do work for my lovely children and because of LTD chix you can gladly sport that love on a great tee.
LTD chix tees are the creation of two great hard working professionals who turned in their day jobs to be full time moms. LTD is the abbreviation that was worked up by these moms to stand for Living The Dream. After all they always wanted to be perfect moms. The problem is they never gave a thought to all the work and struggles that would go into being a mom. When the dream was finally reached and they were moms they decided to use the love of being a mom to create great tees that would be great for all moms. Thus the birth of LTD chix, a t-shirt company that would allow all moms to show their pride.
Look for great stores as well as online stores that sell the LTD chix tees at this link here or you can order from the LTD chix online site. For a limited time til mothers day the great LTD chix tees are being shipped free.
Win: one of Annie's Home readers will win a laundry tee of their own. All you have to do is to head over to the LTD chix website and let me know what short sleeve laundry tee you would choose
- visit the LTD chix blog and leave a comment on one of the post and let me know which one (2 entries)
- follow my blog (2 entries)
- grab my button and let me know where you put it (2 entries)
- follow me on twitter and let me know your ID in comments (2 entries)
- twitter about the giveaway you can do this more than once (1 entry each time)
- drop an entrecard on me (1 entry)
- post this giveaway on your blog or other contest site and let me know the link (5 entries)
Contest ends May 10 Mother Day, Please be sure to leave comment for each entry. Email must be included in comment or on blog. Open to all and have fun Good Luck