Saturday, July 4, 2009
1/2 cup butter, softened
1-1/2 cups sugar
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 medium ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3-3/4 to 4 cups confectioners' sugar
In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in bananas.
Spread into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool.
For frosting, in a bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Gradually beat in enough confectioners' sugar to achieve desired consistency. Frost bars. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 3-4 dozen.
This recipe was shared with me by my daughter and she found it on the Taste of Home website.
Friday, July 3, 2009
Thursday, July 2, 2009
1/2 c catsup
1/2 c barbq sauce
1 t salt
4 T mustard
4 T molasses
1 t chili powder
3/4 t pepper
2 can kidney beans
2 can pork n beans
2 can butter beans
1/2 lb bacon
Mix all Dump in crockpot cook 1 1/2 hours
Wednesday, July 1, 2009
Because I am a diabetic but also a mother, grandma, and aunt when I was introduced to first juice I instantly fell in love. However, it was not until I was sent a sample of products to try that I knew exactly what I had fallen in love with and my first instinct was correct.If you are like me and want to be sure your child's diet is healthy and first juice can help this idea become reality.
- First Juice is a simple juice made up simply of fruit and vegetables with purified water mixed in. The smaller 8 oz bottles include 43% of juice and the larger bottle contains 49%. That is a great percent in this reviewers opinion. Reading the ingredients on the label states that only fruit, water, and vitamins are the ingredients :D does that make you feel good and if you are a label reader like me that is not always the case when examining food to serve your family
- By serving First Juice long term healthy habits can be fostered. Most of us remember what our mothers or grandmothers served us when we were little and it is in most cases what we will serve to our children and grandchildren therefore the habit of healthy foods is fostered through early learning patterns. I have to say that we serve our babies juice from an early age and why not continue this pattern through toddler years to foster it into older years.
- Our family loved the juice. The teens in this family even loved it. A bit apprehensive perhaps when they read the word carrot on the label but they loved it. That is where we found out that That is where we received a lesson of our own and found out that the first carrots were purple, white, red and yellow and not orange. We all know that if you take a child to pick out a juice they love the colorful juice so this is great that they come colored from the fruit and veg tables in them and not from color additives. I have to say that as a diabetic I was glad to find a juice that had 1/2 the calories of a regular serving as juice and thus knew that the sugar level in the serving was less than most juices. I also know that mothers of little ones often dilute the juice they give their toddler to decrease the amount of sugar in the serving however with first juice this is no longer needs to be the case. First juice is created with 50 percent of the sugar of other leading juices. In addition first juice has built vitamins A, C, and D plus calcium that will help your child's nutrition.
- We love the great 8 oz. spill proof reusable sippy top first juice bottles. These are really cute and we could not believe their construction as well as being BPA free not much more you can ask for. As parents of 6 children and many little ones that still toddle around the house we love these sippy top bottles. They will not drip even if held upside down and the child will not spill and you will know that they did drink all of their juice because it will not spill out.
- The 32 oz first juice bottles are great as well and fit great in the door of the fridge where we can use as necessary. These would be great to fill up the sippy top bottles or to pour straight out and into glasses if more of a serving is desired. The great flavors that First Juice is available in is banana carrot, blueberry purple carrot, peach purple carrot and apple carrot.
Why don't you try some first juice and find out for your self what your little one thinks about first juice.
First Juice wants to offer a lucky winner 4 coupons for Juicy Juice.
Mandatory to win you must let me know what flavor would be your favorite?
Extra Entries: (after answering the above question)
- follow first juice on facebook (3 entries)
- follow first juice on twitter (3 entries)
- follow my blog on twitter (3 entries)
- twitter about the contest (1 entry each time you twitter) leave link in comment
- blog about the contest (5 entries) leave link in comment
Contest will run starting today through July 15, 2009. Please remember email in comment or on blog and each entry deserves own comment. Have fun and Good luck
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Take a look at all the fun creatures that adore these bars of soap. No matter what your preference is there will be a Wet Giggles Pal that you can have fun with.
Inspiration behind the Wett Giggles creations comes from the son of the Wett Giggles creator. The idea was to give a fun way that would hopefully lead to better hygiene skills. The glycerin hand made soaps contains essential oils and Shea butter. The fun farm animals named after Shakespearean characters double as nail brushes.
Yes that is right they are giving a lovely tent away. The host of this blog is Peanut Butter and Smelly's Dad and you can enter to win a great Eureka tent. There are lots of extra entries available. Enter before July 20 for your chance to win. Good Luck
Then after getting something to stay in try to win something to go on the floor. The blog "Deal"ectible mommies is hosting a giveaway where you can win a rug for the floor. Contest is sponsored by CSN rugs. You have til July 11th to enter contest.
A third blog is hosting giveaway for the cute Jack and Lilly shoes that will be walking on that carpet if you are the winner. Head over to the blog Thrifty Minnesota Mama and enter to win a great pair of shoes for your little one. The contest ends July 13, 2009. Good Luck.
Random thoughts for today is making travel plans oh there is so much to do. Packing, renting the car, reserving hotel rooms etc... Takes allot of time and money but it can be done. I am looking for a wonderful time and I wish you all the same. After all the 4th of July only comes one time a year. My hope for you is that you have a wonderful 4th of July weekend.
Graphics for 4th of July Comments
Monday, June 29, 2009
Weather in my neck of the woods
expected to be a bit cooler but I still know it is hot summer time
One of my simple pleasures:
spending time with my husband you know I realized while away on my trip that I missed talking to him daily about the little things in life
On my Bedside Table:
it has lots of goodies from camp and travel that I need to look through
On my TV:
morning talk shows
On my To Do List:
call daughters college
Did not try any new recipe last week as I was not at home
In the Craft Basket:
preparing items for sunday school
Looking forward to:
this weekend the 4th we will spend time with granddaughter, daughter and son in law YEAH!!!!
not alot of blogging done last week so can not share favorite
Lesson Learned past few days:
grew closer with many young ladies from the church we had a great great time
On my Prayer List:
the youth as they go back to life, my granddaughter as she is a bit under the weather today
we are reading items from church camp and then will be looking for some other great resources for our teens
What do we do when we come across a mean girl?
As a Titus 2 woman, how can we raise our daughters to not be a mean girl?
Looking back, can you remember a time that you were a victim of a mean girl... how did you overcome?
Looking back, can you remember a time that you WERE a mean girl... what changed you?
I do not believe I react in the same way as I used to when I come in contact with a mean girl. Perhaps it is maturity that has changed this. I seem to talk to them more just spite their meanness. It seems to me if they are mean there has to be a reason and if that can be found out who knows perhaps a friendship can be spawned. Other times, I walk away and leave them alone if the conversation seems to have no hope.
I raise my girls to feel about others emotions and to care about what is going on in thier lives. I have also taught them if them to stick up for each other and those within their personal groups if a problem arises that does not seem changable. Teasing is often a bad source that we have come in contact with.
I was never a mean girl since I tried to always be a friend to everyone. There have been times in life both as an adult, teen and child that I have came in contact with mean girls. As I said avoidance or striking a converstaion with the mean girl is the thing to do.
want to read how others handle this? Head over to the blog At The Well