Saturday, May 16, 2009
1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
I hate to pay the storage bills because it is stuff that I could sell if I had a chance
2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?
Ponderosa just me and my husband
3. How many colleges did you attend?
two a junior one and then a university
4. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?
comfortable and in reach LOL
5. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?
Man it is morning time again
6. Last thought before going to sleep last night?
My stomach hurts I wish I felt better
7. What do you miss being a child?
having someone to take care of all of my needs and my dad
8. What errand/chore do you despise?
I hate to go grocery shopping
9. Have you found real love yet?
Sure have 22+ years ago
10. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?
normally a soda for my hubby
11. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?
nope been that for 22 years as well
12. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?
There are several of different means Elvis, Billy Graham to name just a few
13. Ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?
well in training to put out a fire but that is about it
14. Somewhere in California you've never been and would like to go?
anywhere never been to California
15. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?
new career of course one that I would love
16. Do you have a “go to” person?
Not so much anymore I did with my dad and grandma but they have went on to heaven, My Lord is always there so I share alot with him
17. Are you where you want to be in life?
pretty much I am proud of where I am but could use a bit more money but then who couldn't LOL
18. Over the years, what about you do you think has changed the most?
I have matured in my Christian life, discovered how to help others through experiences I have had
19. Looking back at high school were they the best years of your life?
No I do not think of I was a pregnant teenage girl who sort of did not spend alot of time involved at school. I think the best time of my life was the years where my kids were growing up
20. Are there times you still feel like a kid?
Sort of when my mother takes care of me
21. Where was the hang out spot when you were a teenager?
22. Who do you think impacted your life the most?
My father, my friends from church
23. Was there a teacher or authority figure that stood out for you?
had a few teachers that did that for me and one principle who was great to me
24. Do you tell stories that start with “when I was your age”?
yes now that my kids are older I share my memories with them
25. What is the scariest thing that has happened to you as an adult?
scariest thing I would say is when my children were sick
26. What advice would you give to someone about to get married?
talk it out never go to bed mad
27. What advice would you give someone starting their first job?
try your best
28. If you could go back and change one thing you did, what would it be?
going to school early than before I reach 30
29. If you could go back and change one thing someone else did, what would it be?
My dad and his eating habits as a diabetic
Please head over here to read others
The fireworks begin today. Each diploma is a lighted match. Each one of you is a fuse. ~Edward Koch
Hitch your wagon to a star. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
The man who graduates today and stops learning tomorrow is uneducated the day after. ~Newton D. Baker
Since my daughter will be graduating from highschool I devoted these qoutes this week to her.
for more great qoutes or to add your own visit the blog A Daily Dose of Tony
It could all use a full going over
As a general rule which is usually the most spotless?
which single room of your house do you spend the most time in?
my bedroom, it is nearly the gathering next to the living room and kitchen
take the quiz what room of the house are you
I am the living room
what is the newest thing in the room that you answered in # 5?
It would be the new pictures on the wall
to play along head here
This weeks subject is May I be Frank
1. It is best to live with your head lifted high doing the right thing rather than somberly looking down when you do something wrong
2. Opening your mouth without thinking about what you are going to say often leads to trouble
3. eating with your mouth gaping older is not only nasty but dis respectful
4. the manner in which you wear your clothes says allot about you when a stranger walks by
5. Speaking up and sharing with others is often the best way to solve a problem
6. Eating nutritiously will often help you stay healthy
Want to share 6 of your thoughts or read others? Visit the blog MomDot and share
2 When does it become love
love is special and is so much different than thinking someone is hot
3 Are you a good dancer?
Nope not me
4 what magazines do you read?
woman's day is one of my favorite
5 If you could have any name what would you call yourself?
Mom would be my name
6 Have you ever ridden in a limo
7 what is something you really like to do?
blogging, church and kids
8 Last chance: who wins idol Adam or Kris
I really like Kris but think Adam will be the big winner
9 If you had to what animal would you choose to be?
a bird would be cool
to play along or read more go here
- Grab my button (2 entries)
- follow my blog (2 entries)
- follow me on twitter (2 entries)
- tweet about the giveaway (2 entries per time)
- blog about the giveaway (5 entires)
- subscribe to feed (2 entries)
- subscribe through email (5 entries)
Contest will run from now through June 6, 2009. Open to all. Please leave email in comments or on blog as well as place extra comment for each entry. Good Luck and have fun
Friday, May 15, 2009
The Bonn Bonn Baby Tiny Blanket are made from the antimicrobial wicking fabric. They are preferred by both moms and babies and are great for cuddling or carrying around.
Win:mandatory entry: You must tell me which trim color you would want on your blanket. This will be your choice so please take your time and choose the one you prefer
- tell me another product you like that Bonn Bonn Baby carries (2 entries)
- follow my blog (2 entries)
- follow me on twitter (2 entries)
- twitter about the giveaway (1 entry each time)
- blog about the giveaway (5 entries )
Contest will start today and run through June 5, 2009. Remember to enter a comment for each extra entry or they will not count. Email should be included in comment or on blog. Have fun and everyone is invited to play along
the only person I know who is more frugal than me is my grandmother but there are great friends who have great tips like Nan or Judy
Which of your friends is the biggest spendthrift?
Amanda, my sister in law or my daughter Susan
Which of your friends is the most daring?
My daughter Krystina would fit into this but so wouldn't Nan and Julie
Which of your friends is the most cautious?
most cautious would be my mom,
Which of your friends has the hottest temper
I could take this by myself but so couldn't either one of my daughters
Want to tell your side of the story? Well head over here
- Sunday was a great day as we had 11 babies dedicated at church (yes 11) and also got to see the music minister of our church in a dress. Did not reckon on ever seeing that but for mothers day we had a play that many of the great put on.
- Mothers day was great and I received lots of love from those that I had helped raise, raised and the littlest ones around. I also received a card from a dear friend that gave me respect of being a mother to so many
- Last Saturday was such a blast with the whole family here to celebrate my sons birthday it was truly lots of fun. I believe that there are some that can not believe that we are all getting along so well
- My 2 oldest have been spending the night over at their aunt and uncles house. Oldest daughter goes on Senior trip today. She will have a blast I am sure. I hope that it does not rain on them
- Storms swept through here last weekend it was a rough going for many of them. The electricity is just now on, one week later. Such devastation and just yesterday my town was hit by massive storm which blew lots of trees down, knocked the announcer box out of the air smashing to the ground, the score board has been smashed, the weight room and storage sheds are destroyed and many problems throughout the town happened. Here at home the storm hit that afternoon. when my daughter tried her graduation cap and gown on. The tears wailed up in eyes and she began to be real emotional. I am sure that she is both happy and sad that this time in her life has arrived
To list your favorite 5 or to see what others listed visit the blog Living to Tell the Story
Thursday, May 14, 2009
2 lb hamburger Mix all Shape in loaf Place in crockpot. Cook low for 6 hours
2/3 c milk
1/4 c chop onion
1 c breadcrumbs
1 t salt
I love to try new recipes for dishes I love. I know my family loves meatloaf so we will be trying this recipe
I so love this verse as it seems to say to me that we are nothing but with Jesus in our corner we are everything. Perhaps this verse is the wisest thing to remember. For if we follow Jesus then we will be cared for with the best. It is when we depart from his ways that we worry, get stressed and troubles incure.
Proverbs 12:25 Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up
Why worry and get all stressed out we should keep enouraged and share encouraging words.
As we travel down lifes events there will be many difficulties. We will never be able to face it all along without him in our corner.
Today I am thankful for the family , friends, church members and others who give me grand encouragement and helps me remember that one day we will find a blessed home and live forever with our Lord Jesus
I am very thankful that while I need to have my gallbladder taken out I do have time to go at my own pace. I am thankful for the doctor that I have and his encouraging, Christian love that he knows while I am afraid that he can encourage and send me in the right direction.
For more great words of encouragement and see what others are thankful for visit the blog Spiritually Unequal
- Today I want to share 13 of my latest Reviews and Giveaways with you:
- Pop Candy Review and Giveaway
- Lulus Chocolates and Sea Salt Caramels Review and Giveaway
- Rudi's Organic Bread 10 loaves Review and Giveaway
- Popchips Review and giveaway
- San Deigo Hat Company Review and Giveaway
- Baby Kakes Ink Alphabet Onesie or Tee review and giveaway
- Recycle Me Tee Review and Giveaway
- Marla Mandel Bread Review and Giveaway
- Ozone Socks Review and Giveaway
- Kitchen Table Review
- Sparrow Review
- Tim's Chips Review
- No Slippy Hair Clippy Review
For more list of 13 visit the blog Happy to be @ Home
Wednesday, May 13, 2009
Caramels of yesteryear used to be wrapped in wax paper and look like the ones above. The picture above comes from the Annie B's website and shows exactly how the caramels appear. There are no squares here and believe me these taste much better than the caramel squares you will find at the local grocery store.
Located in Kellog MN, caramel making has been part of Annie's family for 25+ years. However the candy company has grown from the meek beginning but the taste has remained the same. These great candies are sold in many different states now and you can look for a place near you by clicking on this link here.
Along with the great homemade flavored caramels Annie B's also sells great caramel flavored popcorn. What baby shower would not love to have special packages of caramel corn for those who attend? There isn't any event or holiday that Annie B's doesn't have a gift to fit. So if you are looking for just that right gift for that great event remember Annie B's. Not only does Annie B's have the best gifts but they also custom make customized & personalize caramel corn labels & caramel bags & tags for any occasion.
Annie B's remembers that great old fashioned flavor with a great price. That is why Annie B's is so impressive to me
Win: Annie B's would love to allow one of Annie's Home readers a chance to win some lovely goodies. One reader will win a snack collection of a large back of caramel corn and a 1/3 lb gift pack of caramels.
To win you must visit Annie B's website here and let me know the name and address of the store that sells Annie B's products by clicking here
- tell me what product of Annie B's you would love to try (2 entries)
- follow my blog (2 entries)
- follow me on twitter and place your ID in comments (2 entries)
- grab my button (2 entries)
- subscribe to email (3 entries)
- subscribe to feed (3 entries)
- twitter about the giveaway (1 entry per twitter) leave link in comment
- blog about this giveaway (6 entries) leave link in comment
This giveaway will run from now through June 2, 2009 Remember leave extra comment per entry. Please have email accessible on comment or blog. If I can not reach you you can not win. Good Luck. Everyone can enter. Have fun.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
The great crisps come in a variety of flavors and are created of 100% cheese.
- Aged Parmesan
- Italian herb
- flax seed
There is sure to be a flavor to make your taste buds water. The best thing about the crisps are that Kitchen Table Bakeries made a snack that was great for you. The crisps are wheat free, gluten free, trans fat free, sugar free, rich in calcium and protein, naturally low in calories and carbs. Kitchen Table Bakers took a stand made a philosophy that their product would use only the highest quality aged cheeses and seasonings. With the belief that using the best ingredients would deliver a delicious snack Kitchen Table Bakers created a wonderful snack crisp.
Whether you choose to dip them, use them as a base to another snack or to eat them alone they are delicious. To find out where you can get some great crisps made by The Kitchen Table Bakers click here
I love the Baby Banana site after being introduced to it by the MomStart blog. Now you can check it out as well. Contest ends June 1, 2009
Looking for some great shoes for your kiddo? The blog Mudpies and Maryjanes are hosting a contest sponsored by wee squeaks shoes. Contest ends May 21, 2009
that is my tip of the day that I listed at the blog momkaboodle in the tightwad tuesday meme and also at the blog Raising 4 Godly Men also find frugal tips at the meme Frugal Friday located on the blog Life As Mom
We recently experienced a taste sensation compared to no other. We received a sample container of many of Lula's Chocolates. Oh my what great tasting snacks they were. We considered ourselves very lucky to be able to try these wonderful snacks.
These Delicious looking and tasting sweet sensations can be found at Lula's a company ran by a proud grandson. For thirty years Lula created great looking goodies in Salt Lake City. Now Scott the grandson carries on this wonderful tradition creating and selling delectables to many. The chemistry of making great confectioneries is a talent that has been aided by experience as well as schooling. To make such wonderful treats available are made special because the chemistry of the candy has been properly groomed.
Just take a look at the gooey goodness and richness in the Lula's chocolate. Don't you think it is just mouthwatering? Let me tell you I know it is. The flavors in the Lula's chocolate clicked in my taste buds and was delicious. If you love dark rich chocolate then Lula's Chocolates can fix you up fast with some of the best dark chocolate flavors you will ever find.
Lula's Chocolate also sent us a toffee with a bit more spice than what you would normally find. The toffee is prepared with the same great ingredients as normal but then the Lula’s confection masters toss in raw, whole almonds that roast inside the toffee, adding some of our signature chili zest. You can feel the Baja flavor! So if your taste buds need a bit more spice Lula's chocolates can fix this up as well.
We also received a box of 4 piece of Lulas wonderful chocolates. Oh my! I have always went for the square piece every since I was a kid. So of course I tried the square piece knowing it was chocolate. Oh my but the surprise I received when the taste of the great piece of chocolate melted together with the caramel in my mouth. My taste buds celebrated and sang out loud. Boy was it great so I could not stop at one piece I had to have another. Once again great tasting flavors rejoiced with my taste buds. It is a good thing I do not make a living eating Lula's chocolates because I would never know if I could stop.
Let me share my wonderful thoughts about the great tasting sea salt caramels. Now my children questioned whether I was loosing my mind when I offered them a sea salt caramel. But let me tell you the salt seemed to rock the caramels. Now I am a caramel lover by birth I believe but I believe the sea salt seemed to send these caramels over the top. What more could someone want in a snack sweet, chocolate, salty has it all rolled up in one.
With the economics being the way they are today we often have to do without many of our loves. At Lula's there is no need to do without. Lula's Chocolates actually has many great goodies that can be purchased for under $25. Great! Wow! Great taste, great selection, great price what more could you want? If you are looking for some great goodies to surprise your loved one, yourself or to just enjoy test the great taste at Lula's.
Buy: You can order online or visit their locations at Monterrey California. To see if there is a location near you visit here
Win: One of Annies Home readers will be able to win some delicious chocolates. The winner will receive a 12-piece Truffle Collection box ($23.95) and a 9-piece Sea Salt Collection box ($12.95). How wonderful.
To win you must sign up for Lula's Choclates newsletter by clicking here
- Visit Lula's Chocolates and let me know what other great product besides the contest items that you would love to win. (3 entries)
- Visit the blog devoted to Lula's Chocolates here and tell me one of the post titles as well as leave a comment on that post (3 entries)
- Grab my button and let me know where you placed it (2 entries)
- Follow my blog (3 entries)
- subscribe through reader to my blog (2 entries)
- subscribe through email to my blog (3 entries)
- follow me on twitter (2 entries)
- twitter about this great contest (1 entry) can be earned daily leave link in comment
- blog about this contest (6 entries) leave link in comment
Contest will run through June 1, 2009. Please leave comment per entry. Open to everyone. Winner will have 3 days to respond. Please place email in comment or on blog. Good Luck and have fun