pink homegrown tomatos
Saturday, February 6, 2010
2. What’s the worst kind of storm you’ve experienced in person?
3. Where are you more likely to get your weather forecast: on TV, on the radio, in the newspaper, or online?
4. Do you have access to 24-hour channels like The Weather Channel or WeatherPlus? If so, how often do you watch them?
5. Take the quiz: What Kind of Storm Are You?
6. What’s your favorite kind of food to eat when you’re home on a chilly, rainy day?
Friday, February 5, 2010
So head on over and spin the wheel and feel good about donating a $1 and spending quality time with your children.
Thanks MomSelect for sharing this information with me
Thought I would share a fun book idea with you all and you can find more over on the blog the adventure of motherhood
•1 cup salt
•2 cups all purpose flour
•1 cup water
•brown and white acrylic paint
•football cookie cutter or kitchen knife
IMPORTANT NOTE: This recipe for salt dough makes a lot of projects. If you only plan on making a few, cut this recipe into fourths or in half.
Preheat oven to 250 F. Mix together, salt, flour, and water until a dough is formed. Knead the dough on a floured surface until the mixture is elastic and smooth. If dough is too sticky, sprinkle with flour, continue to do so until stickiness is gone. BE CAREFUL. Do not add too much flour, this will dry out the dough and will cause it to crack before you get a chance to bake it.
THIS DOUGH IS NOT EDIBLE, though it won't hurt you or your kids, it just won't taste very good! Roll dough flat with a rolling pin, about 1/4" - 1/2" thick. Use cookie cutter to cut out footballs. If you don't have a cookie cutter, simply use a kitchen knife (with parental supervision!). Use toothpick to draw on lace lines and border lines at each end (see photo). Be sure to do this step BEFORE baking. Bake for approximately 2 - 2.5 hours. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. For best results, allow to cool and dry overnight, or for at least 4 hours. Paint footballs with two coats of brown paint, allowing to dry in between coats. When dry, use white paint to carefully paint the laces and borders, use a toothpick if you prefer. Let dry
This craft idea was found on the website kinderart.com
after answering the mandatory question you then can enter with the additional entries:
- follow my blog
- follow me on twitter
- follow agoo on twitter
- tweet about the giveaway (1 entry per tweet)
- follow Agoo on facebook
- grab my button and let me know were you put it (3 entries)
- blog about the giveaway (5 entries)
- comment on any post and let me know which ones (1 entry per comment)
- visit monkey mommy08 and leave a comment or follow and let me know what you did there (1 entry per action there)
Contest starts now and runs through 2/19 Please make sure email is on blog or in comment or you can not win. Good Luck
2. _________ the longest month.
3. You can't help but __________.
4. _____________; bring it on!
5. Where have you looked ______________?
6. ________ is now available.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!
•Small Soda or Water Bottle
•Beads, Charms, Glitter, Sequins, Other Small Items
•Small Kitchen Funnel
Start out by cleaning the bottle well and removing the label. Make sure the bottle is totally dry before you start this project. Place the end of the funnel into the bottle and start filling it! Start out with about a cup of rice. You can add more or less if you like. Then, start adding any small items you would like to 'search' for in the bottle. It can be beads, charms, small toys, etc. Make sure if young children are helping you that they do not put any of the small items in their mouth. You can also add some sparkle to your bottle by adding glitter or sequins. Once you have everything you want in your bottle, spread some glue around the threads on the neck and replace the cap tightly. This will prevent the cap from falling off or being removed by small fingers.
check out Amazing Moms for more great ideas
- Wow just heard of a bet that was created in 1979 where the two co workers bet that if the Saints ever got in the Superbowl the trip would all be paid for. Well guess what the taunting 30 years paid off and now the Saints are going to the Superbowl and so is that long faithful fan
- what do you think about the lady who accidentally swallowed her earrings? Well they were her saint earrings and you should see the xray. This is what the fan call cool and she will keep that xray forever. LOL
- My hubby and son are really getting into the farmville game. My son has created a football field on his farm and my hubby has somehow captured two ref cows. Now you know that my son is out trying to find him one for sure. He has even asked his dad to help him look. I hope for him that he finds his ref cow by Sunday.
- This is my lil brothers birthday and happy birthday to him. We often have different opinions because we are so far apart in age. Fifteen (15) years separate us in opinions but nothing separates us in love
- Valentines day is coming and my son has decided to send himself, his friends, his brothers and sisters and his girl friend all vallograms. The money goes to help the youth sport events around this area. I am so happy that he feels it important to give back. He has played sports forever and now gives back by coaching and helping to raise money.
- Superbowl Sunday will find me and my hubby home alone as the teens once again have places to go. I am so happy that me and the hubby get along together so well and enjoy being together. As the kids get older I see this happening more and more
- Princess is coming for a visit tomorrow I am so up for this visit I have not seen her since Christmas and I love her so. I will take pictures of the great time we have to hold me over til I see her again. But tomorrow Princess comes.
2. Was able to teach the 1st (my regular class) through the 3rd grades. I taught many of the third graders before and it was so fun to spend time together
3. Today is my baby brothers birthday. Much happiness is wished to him. We may not always get along but I will always be in his corner.
Thursday, February 4, 2010
Give your child this secret Valentine message to decode ("Somebunny loves you!"). Successfully decoding a secret message gives kids a great feeling of accomplishment. Your child will also be working on identifying and writing the initial letter in a word, important skills for reading and spelling.
This fun printable can be found on the leap frog website and is available in a print out simply by clicking here
we received the Liun toy in order to prepare this review. I can tell you that the toy arrived sealed in its own plastic bag which is always nice because it stayed safe through the travels. I absolutely loved the art work and the softness of the toy as well. Princess will love toting it around with her when she is visiting Nana s it is a soft firmness that can be held onto easily. Another great reason that I love the Aminals is that the wonderful toys are organically made. Organically made is great for the world, and my child.
Buy: You can purchase the wonderful Aminals toys by following this link http://aminaldolls.com/meettheaminals.aspx
2. You find an egg, take it home and keep it warm. It hatches. What type of dinosaur is it? Do you keep it and name?
3. Which superhero would you want to be related to and why?
4. A drunken sailor comes up to you on the pier...he begins harassing you in a most repulsive way....what'll be your defense?
5. Entering a CLASS A piano bar, you're encouraged to sing atop the grand instrument...you grab the microphone and sing.....
6. If you were a character in a Dr. Seuss book/movie, who would you be and why?
7. If you have just been called to be a substitute in the Winter Olympics for your country (apparently everyone else was busy), what sport(s) will you compete in?
8. Did the audience from the piano bar in question #5 applaud when you were done with your song?
1 pound bacon
1 cup brown sugar, or to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F Cut bacon into thirds and wrap each strip around a little sausage. Place the wrapped sausages on wooden skewers, several to a skewer. Arrange the skewers on a baking sheet and sprinkle them liberally with brown sugar. Bake until bacon is crisp and the brown sugar melted.
1/3 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
1 pinch cajun seasoning
10 thick slices white sandwich bread
1/4 pound sliced pepperoni
1/4 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
1/2 pound thinly sliced turkey breast
1/4 pound thinly sliced provolone
1/2 pound thinly sliced roast beef
1/4 pound thinly sliced mild Cheddar
1/2 pound thinly sliced pastrami
1/4 pound thinly sliced pepper jack cheese or Monterey jack
1/2 pound sliced salami
5 pieces thick-cut bacon, cooked crisp and halved
1 medium tomato, cut into thin slices
10 whole green leaf lettuce leaves, washed, patted dry, and stem end removed
3 red cherry tomatoes
3 small pickle slices
3 long metal skewers
Combine mayonnaise and mustard in a small bowl. Season with chopped garlic and cajun seasoning. Arrange 5 bread slices on a large cutting board. Spread 2 tablespoons of the mayonnaise mixture evenly on each slice. Layer the meat and cheeses evenly among the bread slices in this order: pepperoni, Swiss, turkey, provolone, roast beef, cheddar, pastrami, pepper jack, and salami. (Fold the meats so that the sandwiches will stack evenly on top of each other.) Top each of the sandwiches with tomato slices and the remaining bread slices. Spread about 1 tablespoon of the mayonnaise mixture on top of each sandwich and lay 2 bacon halves on top of each sandwich. Place 1 cherry tomato and 1 pickle slice through each skewer. Carefully build the Dagwood Sandwich by stacking all 5 sandwiches on top of each other. Separate the sandwiches by placing 2 lettuce leaves in between. To keep the sandwich tower from falling over, fit the skewers into the sandwich tower all the way through the center. To serve, pull off the desired amount of bread, meat and cheese
I am also very thankful that we may have found the building that we have been looking for. We had a consignment shop that did quite well but the building was sold and all rent prices doubled this was not good. I had a great friend let me know of a building he had for rent for a wonderful amount that I know we can afford. We will be making arrangements to hopefully get this building later this month. YEAH!!!! I am so delighted. Please pray that all this will work out.
What are you thankful for? What is going in your life that you give thanks for?