- granola bars
Saturday, March 6, 2010
1. No matter what's going on in your life, what always makes you smile?
my family and being with them
2. What's the biggest lie you've ever told?
who said I lied? (whoops I just did it again)
3. Do you hold a grudge?
maybe not a grudge but I have a good memory
4. What is the worst job you've ever had?
cant say I ever had one I worked in nursing field many years and loved it
5. What would be your dream job?
I would love to own a large antique shop
6. What is the happiest event you've experienced?
my marriage, the birth of my children, their weddings and graduations I have truly been blessed in life
7. What is the saddest thing you've experienced?
my fathers death
8. Do you tend to exaggerate or underestimate?
well sometimes If I am bummed or excited
9. List the cars that you have owned. Give us just a few words about each one.
van - good one got us a lot of places
thunderbird - lots of fun
station wagon = young family very dependable
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour campaign by Mom Central on behalf of American Greetings PhotoWorks and received a free photo book to facilitate my review
Friday, March 5, 2010
We normally have sandwich night once or twice a week and often for lunches. When the bread we use is Rudi's Organci Bakery bread I can feel good about it. Rudi's has built a reputation on baking high quality products that contain the healthiest ingredients available. When a company is as passionate about their product as Rudi's is how can you go wrong? Since the beginning Rudi's has baked wonderful organic bakery goods. They care their philosophy of integrity of product through out the company from baking to labeling.
So does your family eat the old PB&J or bologna & cheese or do you have another favorite? Let me share with you a few of our favorites
Egg Salad Sandwich
hard boiled egg that has been peeled and chopped
2 T mayonnaise ( add a bit more or less here if you choose)
2 T chopped celery
1 T chopped green onion
salt and pepper (to taste)
2 slices Rudi's Organic Bread wheat and oat
Mash up the chopped egg with a fork. Mix mayonnaise, celery and onion into the egg. Season with salt and pepper. place lettuce leaf on piece of bread, spread egg mix over lettuce and put another slice of bread on top.
Tuna Salad Sandwich
6 oz. can tuna (we like oil packed but if packed in water drain it and add a teaspoon of olive oil)
1/3 c cottage cheese
2 T mayonnaise
1/4 of a purple or red onion , finely chopped
1 celery stalk, chopped fine
1 Tablespoon of capers
juice of 1/2 lemon (may use bottled lemon juice)
1 t Dijon mustard
country morning white bread (my son's favorite)
Mix all of the ingredients. Serve on country morning white bread your choice toasted or not
Rudi's Organic Bakery sent me 5 coupons for my readers. I will send one coupon to 5 winners.
To win: visit Rudi's Organic Bakery website and please let me know what product you would love to try.
- share your favorite sandwich with me
- follow my blog
- subscribe to my blog
- pick up my button and text link and place it on my blog leave me the link in comment (5 entries)
- follow my blog on twitter and tweet the giveaway (1 entry per tweet) leave link in comment
- blog about the giveaway (5 entries) leave link in comment
- comment on any post let me know which one in comment
Giveaway starts now and will run through March 26, 2010. Good Luck Can not win if email is not on comment or on blog
- Plan the trip out ahead of time. Look for bargains using one of the great booking agents for hotels and car rentals such as hotwire or orbitz. Perhaps a road trip is what is called for rather than an airplane ride. Plan out a destination and find fun stops along the way.
- Use cash only. While a credit card may be needed in emergencies using cash will keep you aware of what you are spending. Plan out the trip and how much money you will need before the trip.
- Booking a hotel ahead of time may save you a bit of money. Many hotels also feature free breakfast as well as snacks for supper. There can be money saved here for sure. Many hotels also have work out rooms, swimming pools, hot tubs and other forms of entertainment. So the kids can stay busy and parents can rest a bit between the excitement of the trip
- check for an entertainment books for the city you are visiting they often have coupons and great deals for restaurants, attractions, etc...
for more frugal tips please visit here
- We had early morning doctor appointment today and you know what that means breakfast out at McDonald's. Is it not funny how great that hash brown and sausage biscuit that you normally do not eat taste so good on your lips after a night of fasting
- I had a good friend share with me that there was incident at her house. Her kids had been sick and the little one got sick and then slipped in the vomit and hit his head. She instantly without thinking said that sh_ _ word that she would not normally say. Her 8 year old son thought that was awful but the worst thing that she had cussed in front of her mother We have all had this type of day but the young man respected his grandmother so much that he thought his mother had committed one of the worst crimes ever
- Have you seen them? Those little chicks and rabbits on the shelves? The wonderful peeps that we seem to look forward to each year. The problem is they are so good and not too bad if you at one or two but I happen to love them so much that I normally eat more than that. That is when they become a problem.
- Forgiveness is such a great experience. Recently I learned this through friends and a moment of heated debate. Forgiveness is granted and I feel so blessed. The most wonderful forgiveness is that the Lord gave us all.
- Little things in the environment are starting to change flowers popping up, grills in back of pickups, music being played by those outside working. These little signs must all be signs that spring is coming. Thank goodness, all though our temps have not caught up all the way I do so look forward to the warm days that hopefully will soon be here
- Yesterday I was blessed to find out that there is a blogger that is just a few miles down the road. WOW!!!
- Eczema is so bad with the kids right now. I feel so sorry for them. If you all have any ideas on what can work please let me know. thanks
that was my top 7 what are yours?
•6 oz (1.5 sticks) butter
•2 cups granulated sugar
•3/4 cup heavy cream
•1 package (12 oz) white chocolate chips
•1 jar (7 oz) marshmallow cream (or fluff)
•1 tablespoon orange extract
•orange (or a combination of red and yellow) food coloring
Prepare a 13x9 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray. In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream, and butter over medium heat. Continually stir the mixture until the butter melts and the sugar dissolves. Brush down the sides with a wet pastry brush. Bring the mixture to a boil, and once it starts boiling, stir continuously for four minutes. After four minutes of boiling, remove the pan from the heat and immediately stir in the marshmallow cream and white chocolate chips. Stir until the white chocolate has melted and the fudge is completely smooth. Working quickly, pour about a third of the white fudge into a bowl and set aside. To the remaining fudge, add the orange extract and orange food coloring, stirring until it is a smooth, even color. It is important to perform these steps quickly, because the fudge will start to set if you take too long, and the end result will not be smooth. Pour the orange fudge into the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer. Drop the white fudge over the top by the spoonful, then drag a table knife or toothpick through the fudge to create orange-white swirls. You can spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray and gently press them into the top to smooth out the swirls, if desired. Allow the fudge to set at room temperature for 2 hours, or in the refrigerator for 1 hour. To cut, pull the fudge out of the pan using the foil as handles. Use a large sharp knife to cut the fudge into small 1-inch squares. Store Orange Creamsicle Fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to a week, and bring it to room temperature to serve.
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Sub_urban Riot is made up of individuals that insist you neither believe they are too serious or a band of renegades. They are out for some fun in life and in the world. Sub_urban Riot was founded in mellow Pacific Northwest before migrating to Venice CA. The Sub_urban Riot look has been determined by a combination of ideas they found along the way. The look is simplicity with a spin with a feeling that will keep the clothing line looking great year after year. The goal is that the clothing that you buy will look good in season and out as well as this year and the next.
You can purchase the Sub_Urban Riot clothing line directly off their website located at
http://www.suburbanriot.com/ With any order over $40 there is free shipping available and receive a free hat with any purchase.
as I stated we did receive a free tee but this did not influence my opinion it was simply used for review.
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 Tbs. baking powder, preferably homemade (see above)
1 tsp. salt
4 Tbs. cold, unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
3/4 cup heavy cream
Preheat oven to 450F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and set aside. Put flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl, and whisk to mix. Using fingers or 2 forks, quickly work butter into flour until it is the texture of oatmeal with some larger lumps remaining. Make a well in center of flour, and pour in cream. Stir just until blended. Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly but strongly, for 6 or 7 strokes. Roll out dough to a thickness of 1/2 inch. Using a floured fork, prick surface of dough all over at 1-inch intervals, taking care that fork goes through dough. Using a 3-inch biscuit cutter, stamp out dough. Place biscuits close together on baking sheet. Bake in center of oven for 8 to 12 minutes, or until biscuits are crusty and are a rich golden brown. Remove from oven, and serve.
4 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup water
2 cup skim milk or milk
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh sage, crumbled finely
Mix flour and water until smooth and no lumps. Put into medium sauce pan, and heat over medium-high heat until the mixture boils. Reduce heat, stirring constantly, and boil for 4 - 5 minutes. Mixture should be very think and blubbery. Add milk and stir until the mixture is smooth again. Add spices, and return to boil, cooking until it has the consistency of thick gravy.
2. What do you think would be a great song title that isn't one? Who do you want to record it?
3. You are having a party. If I'm invited, what should I bring?
4. If your spouse or s/o cheated with a one night stand while away, would you really want to know?
5. How long does it take for a house guest to drive you bonkers?
6. If you could pick a new color for the sky, what would you pick?
7. What did you think of the Olympics?
8. Could TT have thought of a lamer blogger that me to guest host?
9. What's the stupidest lie that someone really thought you'd believe?
10. What was the best day you had in high school? Tell us about it.
11. Name something that you have in your home that you are sure most people don't.
12. Why haven't you at least tried to play The Dating Profile Meme?
13. Do you think homophobia is a choice?
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
1 tsp. vanilla
Food coloring-at least 6 colors (make sure one of them is Red!)
remember - with red, blue and yellow you can make all the other colors.
Mix sugar, butter, egg and vanilla. Add flour and mix well.
Divide dough into six balls. Add a different food coloring to each ball. Roll each ball in a snake shape onto a floured surface. This is fun for the kids -- just like playdough! Arch snake shape and press onto cookie sheet. Add other snake shapes until the rainbow is formed. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-15 minutes. When cooled let each child taste a piece of the rainbow.
2 medium potatoes, sliced
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup chopped celery
salt and pepper
1 can tomato soup
1 cup boiling water
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Those featured on the Rhythm & Blue CD are Lavelle White • James Hunter • Cracked Ice • The Quantic Soul Orchestra featuring Kabir • The Emotions • Sam Moore, Keb’ Mo’ and Angie Stone • Catherine Russell • Ruthie Foster • Snooks Eaglin • Sharon Jones and The Dap Kings • Rockie Charles • Irma Thomas with Henry ButlerHave you ever noticed that each generation has its own special music and the generation after desires the sounds of old? The 60s and 70s saw R&B artist such as The Four Tops, Otis Redding, and The Supremes. Today many of the songs created and shared in those days have become memories for fans. There are those special songs that even our young one in this generation hear and like.
As a teen i listened to music that my mother did not respect or like. Her generation had the same type of music as well. R&B music from the 1950s branched off of the rugged roots of blues and gospel music. New Orleans the birthplace of R&B saw famous stars such as Snooks Eaglin, Irma Thomas and Rockie Charles.
Putumayo's Rhythm & Blue CD shares the history of R&B through music. American Blues, New ORleans, Women of Jazz, and Mississippi Blues are all cherished and shared on this great CD
I have one of these great CDs to give away to one luck winner. The only way to enter this giveaway is to follow this blog and share with me a song of your own that holds great memory for you.
Contest starts now and ends March 10, 2010. Good Luck
we recieved a CD to review but my opinion was not influenced in any way
Tuesday, Mar 2: Robert Pattinson makes his first-ever appearance on the show with his “Remember Me” co-star, Emilie de Ravin. Mitt Romney, the 70th Governor of Massachusetts also makes his first-ever appearance.
Wednesday, Mar 3: This show will feature the best of “View Tube,” including backstage antics and celebrity exit interviews. Lisa Kudrow of “Who Do You Think You Are” will be joining the hosts as well
I did catch a glimpse of Robert Pattinson. Cant wait to see his next movie as he was great in the last one. I also caught Mitt Romney did not agree with everything that he said but then that is why I love the show so much.
Be sure to catch the rest of the week.
Thursday, Mar 4: Celebrity guest co-host Valerie Bertinelli, former Oscar nominee Abigail Breslin from Broadway’s “The Miracle Worker,” Mia Wasikowska from Disney’s “Alice in Wonderland,” and a musical performance from Broadway’s “Fela” will be featured on this jam-packed episode.
• Friday, Mar 5: The View’s “Road to the Oscars” episode welcomes former Oscar nominee Don Cheadle and Wesley Snipes and “Fashion Friday” celebrates “The History of Oscar Fashions” with a two-part look back at some of the most memorable – and perhaps forgettable – Oscar hits and misses, with host and celebrity stylist Robert Verdi. Hosts of “At the Movies” Michael Phillips and Tony Scott will also be on set to unveil their 2010 Oscar predictions.
I love Valerie Bertinelli and want to see the Alice In Wonderland new movie. Wesley Snipes is a great actor as well and cant wait to hear the girls view of the Oscars.
I am a participant in a Mom Central campaign for ABC Daytime and will receive a tote bag or other The View branded items to facilitate my review.”
Slow Cooking helps break down the temptation of eating out because when you all ready have a prepared dinner at home that you can eat why run out for dinner? When I used to work we did this a lot I just felt too tired to head home and prepare a meal so on the way home we would pop in and pickup dinner to go. The slow cooker allows you to put a meal on to cook for several hours then go home and enjoy.
Often the liquid called for in slow cooker meals is broth or water. Neither broth or water add fat or calories to the food. Meat cooked in slow cookers come out tender and juicy which is an added bonus to me. No more tough meat from over cooking in the oven. To make quick and simple meal simply cook vegie, meat all in one pot. These simple meals also eliminate the pre packaged meals that were found in our freezer. The crockpot meal boosted nutrients and we were able to decide for ourselves how much salt and sugar was in the meal we cooked.
Do you slow cook? Maybe you should try it as well.
Tuesday, March 2, 2010
•2 cans chili-seasoned tomatoes (1.20)
•1 can dark red kidney beans (.69)
•1 cup ketchup (.99)
the weather here can not make up its mind nice and warm one day a whole lot cooler the next I wish spring would hurry up and get here. I am tired of the cold and desire to be warm again. I so want to see the sun again
My adult son is home from college after dropping out for a semester and return in the summer/fall at another college. I am just worried a bit about him as he has decided while being gone he is his own boss. There is not much that me and his dad can tell him and he listens to. It seems that when financial matters are discussed is the only thing that gains his attention.
My daughter on the other hand is ready for college looking forward to leaving, reminding us daily and striving to get ready. Does this mean her room is clean? No for sure I wonder how she will be in college going to classes, studying, and having fun and still keeping her dorm room looking good. Good Luck is all I have to say. She may fool me though it is always possible I guess.
what are your random thoughts this morning? The Un Mom is taking the day off so the Bitchin' Wives Club is hosting today
I have all ready started and I am off to great start
*** done **** kitchen cleaned after breakfast
*** done **** 2 load launry wash/dry
still to do 2 load laundry
fold about 6 as I am behind
clean my bedroom/bath
that is abou it for today as well as all general clean what do you have to do?
church wednesday and sunday
no real plans for this week but next weekend will be out of town visiting Princess
The Kid Basix safe sippy 2 look very attractive and comes in assorted colors. With the growing concern over what our children are taking in to their little bodies the awareness of products grew. Kid Basix created the Safe Sippy cup to be Bisphenol A and other harmful chemicals free. So if you are looking for the safe versatile sippy cup then you should pick up the Kid Basix Safe Sippy 2.
Some easy to prepare green foods include, green apple slices, green jello, kiwi, green grapes, and lime koolaid. But you may also incorporate green pickles, green beans, green cabbage and green celery.
Clover shaped biscuts can be known as shamrock biscuits. They can be easily prepared by using canned biscuts and letting the kids tear each biscut shape into 3 pieces and then rolling these 3 pieces into little balls and placing into the shape of a shamrock on a cooking sheet. Sprinkle with green sugar and bake as directed on the can. You can also do this with cookie dough and make shamrock cookies.
Leprechaun Punch is easy to make by adding lime sherbert to a glass of sprite or 7up. Just simply add a spoonful of green sherbert into the drink and mix. By the way I saw that the local McDonalds has Shamrock shakes back again. You can make these at home as well by blending one cup of milk and one cup of lime sherbert.
Green food color goes a long way as well. You can add a few drops to milk, mashed potatoes and vanilla ice cream or make a cake with green icing created by mixing vanilla icing with green food coloring
whatever you do to make your St. Patricks day snack or meal remember to have fun.
I shared this on the blog Mom Tried It
Monday, March 1, 2010
This picture may remind my mother of me and my sisters we were so close in age and always loved to play dress up.
London Bridge for Children creates works of art that are gender preference, perfect for siblings or just general art for children. What would you prefer?
Buy: you can purchase this lovely art from London Bridge from Children directly from their website located here
Win: one of Annie's Home readers has the chance to win a lovely 8X10 art print of their choice from London Bridge for Children.
To enter the giveaway: you must let me know which print you would choose if you won.
- follow my blog
- subscribe to my blog
- follow me on twitter
- tweet about the giveaway (1 entry per tweet) link in comment
- blog about the giveaway (5 entries) link in comment
- leave comment on any post (1 entry per comment) let me know which one in comment
Giveaway starts now and will run through March 22, 2010. Good Luck If email not on comment or blog you can not win
- Log on to LaundryHE.com from March 1 – 29, 2010
- read the contest rules
- share a short video (no longer than 3 minutes or larger than 100MB) stating why you deserve a laundry room makeover. In the short video define what laundry personality you are
• Type A All The Way
• Constantly Connected
• Livin’ Large Lounge
I would say I was the constantly connected room because I spend so much time in the laundry room.
Top Finalists featured on LaundryHe.com between April 12-19 with Grand Prize winner to be chosen by popular ballot. Everyone that votes will be entered to win a year's supply of Wisk HE laundry detergent
So hurry up all ready and enter for your chance to win an all new laundry room
Posted as part of a partnership with BSM Media for a Wisk contest I will recieve the opportunity to win a years supply of wisk as well as bottle of wisk for posting.