Custom Search

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Shipwreck Casserole


This is a great recipe for familes as it is easy to make, the kids can be tricked to eat veggies and the adults loe it

ShipWreck Casserole


1 cup chopped onion
2 medium potatoes, sliced
1 pound lean ground beef
1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup chopped celery
salt and pepper
paprika
1 can tomato soup
1 cup boiling water


Butter a 2-quart casserole. Layer with onions, potatoes, ground beef, rice, carrots, and celery, sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper, and paprika. Combine soup with boiling water; pour over all. Bake at 300° for 3 hours.


6 comments:

  1. Love the name! Sounds simple & filling. I am sure I have all those items on hand already. That is one of my biggest pet peeves about recipes. I hate buying an item for one recipe.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great...simple and tasty! Thanks for sharing.

    Renee'
    http://reneesfoodblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds good! I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is the kind of meal my kids will devour. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, this sounds like a great casserole! I might have to make it this weekend.
    Hugs and Blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my site and leaving a comment :) Shipwreck casserole-what a cute name! I bet my kids would eat that because of the name. Which gives me a great idea....if I name my meals cute names, will my picky eaters be more likely to eat it? Hmmmm....

    Stephanie
    www.momreviewtb.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post