Friday, March 27, 2009
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response.
Today's question has to do with your children, friends or grandchildern. Today I will leave with my 4 youngest children and travel to a christian youth convention. I am sure we will have lots of fun as we always do. Today's question for you is:
What special event have you participated in, will do or would like to do with your children?
if you would like to join in on the fun visit the blog An Island Life
Thursday, March 26, 2009
PopUps are products created by members of the Creative Individual Company. The great individuals that complete this company have years of talent under their belt. The products they turn our are versatile and look great. There are many different styles that would impress anyone.
The great PopUps products are easy self stick product. They come off easy, go up easy and look great. The company also create murals which go up similar to wall paper. Both the PopUps and the murals would look great in homes, Church's, daycare centers, hospitals or where ever great art is needed.
The great PopUps and murals are not produced on paper. Rather they are produced on a textured "Dreamscape" commercial grade vinyl wall covering. The vinyl covering is very durable and can be cleaned by scrubbing allowing the decorative wall covering to last many years. In addition the PopUps are removable, transportable and reusable and will not tear.
I am sure that PopUps have a style and pattern just for you. So if you are decorating and want a great and easy way to complete then remember the great PopUps
Buy: there are three great ways to order pop up products:
- find a dealer online near you
- Order online at www. thecreativeindividual.com
- place your order by phone 604-857-3270
The Joey Junior Purse Hanger can be kept inside of your purse and takes up little room The hanger stays closed safe and secure until use is needed
And place the round, padded piece on the edge of the surface and hang your bag underneath. Now was that not simple? The Joey Junior Purse Hanger works great and will protect your purse right in front of you while your mind can be on more pressing subjects.
This week I have been trying to join in many of the great memes that I love. Thankful Thursday has for a long time been on of those great memes. It is located at the blog Grace Alone and you can join in the thankfulness as well.
This weekend I will be traveling away with my four youngest. We are going to a church event called Dare to Share. This will be our third year in going and let me tell you it is very important that we go. The kids although they are all teens are looking forward to this great outing event. Each year the dare to share group puts on a skit which gets the young people to thinking. I can not wait to see it this year. I feel so thankful that we get to go together and get away together as a family. Since the oldest girl traveling with us this year is 18 I know that this may be our last trip together. I feel thankful that at her age she still wants to travel with her youth group and with her good old mom to a church event. Thank God that we have been helped through out our lives that we have helped place the love of God in our childrens hearts. I am also thankful for all of those who have helped me in the past to be the Christian mother I am. Grandparents, parents, youth leaders, sunday school teachers, preachers oh the list goes on Thank You to all of these great individuals for helpingto strengthen my love in our lord Jesus Christ.
For more thankful thursday post visit Spiritually Unequal Marriage here
- The blog Two of a Kind Working on a Full House hosting giveaway for a great etsy shop called Farmstead Organics. Up for the grabs is $50 worth of products and will end April 13, 2009. A second giveaway at this great blog is for a shi shu style blanket Lovely little blanket for any baby and contest ends April 13, 2009
- The blog My Organized Chaos hosting giveaway for a great baby blanket from Rain or Shine kids. Really cute blanket you have til March 26, 2009 to enter for chanct to win.
- The blog Everything up close hosing giveaway for a great etsy shop Lincoln Christian. Let me tell you that the winner will receive a lovely pendant and you have til April 9 to enter
Wednesday, March 25, 2009
The invitations that are chosen must meet certain qualifications such as:
The Tiny Print company knows that the graduation year, students name, and information regarding the graduation is very important to the graduate and must be included on the invitation.
If your child was involved in sports you definitely will want to include that somewhere on the tiny print invitation. Tiny Prints takes the personality of the graduate to heart and knows that for many that includes involvement in sports.
Perhaps your senior is looking for that classical more sophisticated look. This studied style by Tiny Prints would fit that bill perfectly with the color and style of graduation year and name with a proud picture of the graduate.
Tiny Prints have many graduation invitation styles available. I am sure there is one that would fit your proud graduates style. Please visit the Tiny Prints website and check out the great variety of graduation cards available.
Tiny Prints was created when a set of three friends grew concerned that the art of letter writing was being taken over by more digital means. Desiring the need for written information for birth announcements, graduations and other great events Tiny Prints was developed. Tiny prints want to restore the love and excitement of the good old days of letter writing. One of the best ways they could do this was to create a website where buying stationary and paper goods was easy and fun. Tiny Prints allows you to create personalized cards, invitations, and birth announcements that are great looking and allows you to express your point of view. Tiny Prints truly cares about the message you want to send to others.
Buy: Visit Tiny Prints at the online website here where you can choose your card and order directly from the website.
Win: Tiny Prints would love to give one of Annie's Home Readers a chance to win $50 gift certificate
Mandatory Entry: (you must do or you entry will not count)
visit Tiny Prints http://www.tinyprints.com/ and choose your favorite graduation announcement. Save that card as a favorite click on the pink heart under the "Not sure yet" heading under "Ordering Options" In your comment telling me you saved your favorite pick and make sure to send me the email that you used to save your favorite on the tiny print site (if you do not do this you entry can not be confirmed and another winner will have to be chosen)
- follow me
- follow me on twitter and leave twitter name in comment
- twitter message about the giveaway leave link in comment
- blog about the giveaway
Your email must be included with comment in order to win. Open to everyone and will end on April 9, 2009.
The first six months of my young granddaughters life have been awesome. She is wonderful and one of her favorite things to do is to take baths. She seems to love the water and hates it when
she has to get out of the bathtub. The Spa Time Cozy Care Cape has been a huge help to her momma. Now she can use both arms to care for this precious bundle of joy and not having a towel close by is no longer a problem. What a wonderful treat bath time has become for both the little princess and the head queen.
I reviewed the Spa Time Cozy Cape at an earlier time and you can read that full review here. But for now let me remind you why I love the Spa Time Cozy Cape:
- No longer need an extra towel with the cozy cape close at hand you can simply wrap the wee one up in it.
- The waterproof backing of the cozy cape makes it great because the bather no longer gets wet while bathing the little one
- Bath time just becomes a more relaxed time when the cozy cape is use because splashes do not have the same soaking effect.
- Perhaps the best reason is that with the Spa Time Cozy Cape you can wrap your arms securely around the little one while lifting them out of the tub.
Spa Time wants one of Annie's Home readers to win a Cozy Cape of their own. Yeah!!!!!!! Now you can find out how wondrous it is to safely and securely bathe your child and have fun at the same time using the Spa Time Cozy Cape.
How to enter: Mandatory Entry: tell me something else that spa time baby sells
Extra Entries:(only after answering mandatory question)
- Grab my button and place it on your blog let me know where it is (3 entries)
- Follow me on twitter (leave me your twitter name) and twitter about the giveaway (3 entries)
- drop a card on entre card (1 entry)
- follow or subscribe to my feed (2 entries)
- favor me on technorati (3 entries)
You must include your email or have accessible on blog. If I can not reach you you will automatically forfeit the prize if you should win. Contest is open world wide and starts today and runs through April 9, 2009
This week I have just a few helpful hints that I just found out about;
- Hamburger that is still frozen may be browned if you place a bit of water in the skillet with the meat
- Eggs last around 5 to 6 weeks but if you have some that are reaching that destination or if you are like I was a short while back and the eggs are ready to expire you can hard boil these eggs and store in the fridge. Hard boiling allows the eggs to stay around a few more days
- Placing a few drops of oil in the boiling water when boiling eggs you will have a softer skin and it will peel much easier
For More Works for me Wednesday visit the blog We are That Family here
For more Homemaker Haven tips visit the blog 11th Heavens Homemaking Haven here
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Oh what a lovely thought and how lovely Lisa has a way of expressing that thought you can order Lisa Leonard jewelry through her website here.
for more Ruby Tuesday visit the blog Work of the Poet here
Monday, March 23, 2009
I found these today:
- The blog 3 kids and us hosting a giveaway for the Born2impress products. The cute hats, clips, purses are really cute. Contest ends March 27,2009
- The blog 5 minutes for giveaway hosting a giveaway sponsored by Faith Baby. Really cute Christian wear for the littlest one in the family Contest ends April 11, 2009 A second contest is for an Arm n Hammer gift basket which ends on April 4, 2009
- The blog BookDads hosting a giveaway for a copy of Hot Hand - A Comeback Kids Novel by Mike Lupica Contest ends April 5, 2009
- The blog Baby Loving Mama hosting giveaway for a translation tee. These are so cute and celbrates i think a milestone of learning to talk. Contest ends April 2, 2009
- The Blog Simply Stacie hosting giveaway for an etsy shop Tracie Nicole Designs for a pendant necklace. Contest ends April 8, 2009
- The blog My Organized Chaos hosting giveaway sponsored by Nest Handbags for a great handbag. Contest ends April 4, 2009
"A conventional lotion is not formulated to protect the skin like a shielding lotion does. Conventional lotions only add surface moisture to temporarily alleviate the dryness or itching. Shielding lotions are an effective dry skin treatment because they bond with the skin and protect it for long periods of time. With this protection in place your skin keeps its own moisture in and has a chance to use this natural moisture in the deep layers of the skin to heal itself," states Dr. Lisa Benest, a board certified dermatologist of Burbank, CA.
"The secret to resolving dry skin is not only having enough moisture, but also having that moisture located where it can actually resolve a dry skin condition. The use of artificial moisturizers (conventional lotions) only mask dry skin symptoms, which can result in more dry skin, while a shielding lotion protects your skin, allowing your own natural moisture to heal the skin," states Dr.Helton.
Could you use some help toning your chest, arms, or bottom? Well while spring has allready arrived and the new clothing styles are coming soon there is no need to worry. Slimpressions will help you look great. Slimpressions is designed to help slim a womans arm, back and midriff. Oh how wonderful for us and yes, I can say that they do work and both me and my daughter love them. I have mentioned Slimpressions prior to this post and you can read that here.
Slimpressions has so eagerly agreed to allow one of my great Annie's Home readers to win a piece of their collection. In addition to all of you who would like to save some money on Slimpressions 25% discount that expire 4/30/09:SHOPANNIES2009. So whether you are lucky enough to win you are still lucky enough to save money.
Win: your choice of slimpressions wear
How To Win: Mandatory Question: (must answer or be disqualified) What piece of slimpressions would you want if you won the giveaway contest
- Go here and let me know where the closest place to buy slimpressions is for you. (1 entry)
- Grab my button and let me know where you placed it (2 entries) (seperate comments)
- Follow me on Twitter and Twitter about the giveaway leave link in coment (2 entries) (seperate comments)
- follow me on blogger (2 entries) (seperate comments)
- subscribe (2 entries) (seperate comments)
- Blog about the contest leave link comment (5 entries) (5 comments)
Thank you and have fun. Must include email or have accessible on blog Contest runs from now til April 13, 2009 Contest open to U.s. only (sorry)
Come, gentle Spring! Ethereal Mildness! Come."
- James Thomson
as spring aproaches I believe that we all begin to have special memories spark and thoughts of upcoming days suprises plan
"Spring comes: the flowers learn their colored shapes."
- Maria Konopnicka
I had never heard this qoute before but must say that I truly love it. We watch our flowers as each year one by one they appear. The fun of this is great for kids as well as the adults.
"Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush."
The rain and mushiness of the early spring season seems quite sloppy but yet still leaves a song within your heart
"Loveliest of trees, the cherry now Is hung with bloom along the bough."
- A. E. Houseman, Shropshire Lad
Taking our lovely nature walks these days watcing as the flowering trees gain there pretty flowers. What a lovely site
Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
- Robin Williams
In honor of the Ultimate Blog Party I have picked this last qoute.
For more Monday Musings visit maternal spark blog
- Felicia @ Go Graham Go blog for just being so sweet and doing all that you do. Girl you keep going
- Natasha @ The Soothie Ranch for being sweet and helping me out in the beginning. Girl with everything you have to do you are just a great friend
- Dee @ Two of a kind working on a full house blog for helping me out with many different things. Dee take it easy and keep being sweet
- Janet @ gahome2mom blog for creating my button and having extreme patients working with someone who blogs but does not completly understand it. Janet thanks for being a great friend
- Andreah @ Moody Mama Says blog for being a dear blog friend.
- Piera @ Jolly Mom for being a great blog friend. Piera is so easy to talk to and she was actually one of the first blogs that I visited when all this started.
- Stl Mommy for always having great deals and information on saving money in my neck of the woods. Keep them coming honey you do a great job
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Contest is now over and winner has been emailed.
The first day of spring occurred just the other day. What a great occurrence. I love the warmer weather but one thing that I do not love is the bugs and insects that are irritating and persistant. Ecosmart the organic insect repellent is the perfect answer to the pesky pest. I reviewed Eco Smart the organic insect repellent and you can read the original review here
Let me remind you of some of the great reasons that I loved EcoSmart the organic insect repellent. EcoSmart studied for many years developing an organic pesticide that kills bugs and pests fast yet is simple and safe enough to use around all members of the family. EcoSmart organic insect repellent will protect a family gathering for many relaxed hours where the worry of safety is not needed. Since EcoSmart contains no synthetic chemicals or deet safety does not have to be a concern. Instead of using chemicals that could harm others EcoSmart organic insect repellent uses natural plant oils.
EcoSmart wants to let one very lucky Annie's Home reader to try the product of their choice free.
Win: Any one product of EcoSmart organic insect repellent
How to win:
mandatory Question (must be answered) if you win what one product would you want? Go here to choose
- Grab my button (2 entries) (leave 2 comments)
- follow me on twitter and tweet leave link in comment (2 entries) (leave 2 comments) (may be done daily)
- drop a card on entrecard i will drop one back (2 entries) (leave 2 comments)
- subscribe through reader (2 entries) (leave 2 comments)
- follow me on blogger let me know (2 entries) (leave 2 comments)
- favor me on technorati (2 entries) (leave 2 comments)
- blog about the giveaway leave link in comment (5 entries) (leave 5 comments)
Must leave email or have accessible. If no email you will be eliminated. Contest runs from now til April 4, 2009 Open to U.S. only.
Are you looking for just that right style for your little ones this spring? You have came to the right review. Zutano is a great classy place where little ones gain their own personality through the clothes they wear. The bold use of color and prints within the Zutano wardrobe will help your little one sparkle with spring excitement.
With great little prints and delightful colors like in this little dress there is nothing you can do but smile. Zutano's premier line of newborn and preemie clothing are adorable and very special in that they are designed to fit brand new babies in their first day of life. However, zutan's also create lovely clothes for older children as well. My granddaughter received a terrific cute outfit from Zutano's the colors and style in the outfit are incomparable.
Zutano attire can be ordered on line or find a store near you using this handy store finder here So for that cool fun loving look this spring for your little ones check out Zutano for just the right style and wear.