link to find out how you can make some of these spooky little fellows up for yourself.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
http://www.southernvogue.com/ I can share it with you. No tricks here are the how tos
Individual Peep Smore Kits
1 graham cracker
1 fun-size Hershey bar
1 ghost Peep
Place in a clear cello bag with a pretty orange ribbon. Voila!
Friday, September 28, 2012
1 package (at least 1 lb) of your favorite sausage links (johnsonvilles, evergood, generic smoked sausage, whatever you like. i used polish sausages, 4 to a pack)
4-5 decent-sized potatoes (i prefer yukon gold or red bliss)
1 small jar banana peppers
1-2 bell peppers, sliced
1 large onion, sliced
3 tbsp olive oil (yes, it has to be OLIVE oil)
salt & pepper
*optional — 2 tsp dried rosemary (bachelors, ignore this. your salt and pepper will be fine. i know that asking you to procure olive oil was already a stretch.)
*optional — 3 tbsp creole seasoning
- spray a large baking pan w/ nonstick spray (make sure there is at least a small “lip” that provides a “side” to the pan, don’t use a flat baking sheet.
- slice sausages into thin rounds, about 1/5″ thick. if you know how to slice using a “bias” cut, do that. if not, don’t worry about it.
- cut potatoes into 1/2″ chunks
- slice onion and pepper into strips
- place all ingredients on baking sheet and drizzle oil over. use your hands to toss everything together in the oil, making sure everything feels coated.
- add salt & pepper and spices (if using)
- top w/ sliced banana peppers
- bake at 400 for about 30-35 min, until potatoes are tender
friday food frenzy
1 12.8-ounce box Rice Chex cereal
1 12-ponce box Golden Grahams cereal
1 7-ounce bag shredded coconut
1 4-ounce bag slivered almonds
1 1/2 cups butter (3...yes 3...sticks of butter)
2 cups sugar
2 cups corn syrup
Combine Rice Chex and Golden Grahams, coconut and almonds in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
In a large sauce pan, cook butter, sugar and corn syrup to the "soft ball" stage...about 234 degrees on a candy thermometer. Pour over cereal mixture and stir until all is well coated. Pour mixture out onto 2 large cookie sheets to cool. Stir it around occasionally to prevent clumping. Store in an airtight container
recipe source here
Thursday, September 27, 2012
12 slices bacon (diced)
1 lb bread dough (frozen, thawed)
2 tbsps olive oil (divided)
1 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (shredded)
1 oz ranch salad dressing mix
|1||In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels. Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.|
|2||Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.|
|3||Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown.|
Just something i whipped up
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
1 lb. ground beef
16 oz. pasturized processed cheese, such as Velveeta
14 oz. can diced tomatoes
4 oz. can diced chiles
10 oz. tortilla chips
8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Brown ground beef in a skillet. Drain. Combine ground beef, processed cheese, tomatoes and chiles in a Crockpot. Heat on low 4-6 hours or high 2-3 hours. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spread tortilla chips over the bottom of a 9 x 13 baking dish. Stir ground beef mixture in Crockpot. Pour over tortilla chips. Top with shredded cheddar cheese. Bake 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted.
shared at Ultimate Recipe Swap where the subject is emergency meals. This type of casserole is easy to make on a busy day when there is no real time to stop. If you dont like chiles you can take those out . Another great idea is to use rotel tomatoes in this recipe.
What do you make when there is no time to cook? Would love to know what it is you cook might give me some ideas
Britax is the maker of awesome products for our littlest ones. One of the great items they make is the car seats. The wonderful car seats come in many colors and many forms but all made to care for our little bundles of joy. Interested in winning one of these great carseats? Well The blo Go Graham Go has a giveaway where you can do just that. Head over there before Oct 7, 2012
scotties and if that is not comforting enough then you will be happy to know that there is also a giveaway at Go Grahams Go that offers the winner $25 walmart gift card to shop with whatever makes them comfortable. Head over there and enter before October 8, 2012
Monday, September 24, 2012
When I was in my mid 20s I met a lady whose attitude would forever change my life. Her name was Dixie and she was a self reliant strong women who had battled cancer early in life and somehow made it through all the pain and prayed everynight that if she was able to live to see her grand-daughter that she was raising to reach her 18th birthday and graduate from highschool. Some of the stories she could share with you would make you stand up and take notice because this lady who had went through so much she was one of the happiest person that I have ever met. For she had faith in God and knew that tommorow was not always promised and to use each day as she should. Sadly this lady would watch her grand-daughter graduate from highschool and shortly after time seemed to give out as Dixie passed on to a better place.
Freschetta knows that there are stories out there just like mine. We have all seen someone , maybe even oneself face the battle of breast cancer. Join the campaign of The Strength of 1 Take the Pledge and share your story.
Submit A Story: We are looking for someone that embodies The Strength of 1™ power - someone who is positively making a difference in the fight against breast cancer. Nominate yourself or someone you know by sharing your story. Whether it involves acts big or small- like visiting a local oncology unit or organizing fundraising events- we want to hear your story! Your story could earn a donation to the breast cancer charity of your choice.
Vote For Your Favorite:
The FRESCHETTA® team will pick three finalists from all The Strength of 1™ story entries, then it's up to you! Come back to our FRESCHETTA® Facebook tab to vote for your favorite story from Oct. 22-26, 2012.
All three finalists will receive donations to the cancer charity of their choice. The FRESCHETTA® brand will donate $5,000, $1,000 and $500 based on total votes.
I occasionally receive compensation in the form of products for posts. However, the opinions I share are solely my own
Caramel Apple TiflesMakes approximately eight 3 1/2 oz servings
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 cup plus caramel (recipe follows)
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons of heavy cream
- ½ teaspoons of kosher salt
- ½ cup diced fresh apples
- ½ cup apple chips
- ½ cup crumbled granola
- Place chilled heavy cream in a bowl and using a whisk or a hand held mixer on medium speed or medium strength (for stand mixers use a low setting with the whisk attachment). Beat cream until soft peaks form and cream is light and fluffy. Gently fold in caramel sauce.
1. Add sugar and water into a saucepan over medium low heat. Stir until sugar has dissolved. Use a wet brush to remove any crystals that form on the side. Once sugar has dissolved increase heat to high. Now and then, using the handle give the pot a swirl to keep the mixture moving. Do not stir the mixture directly. The mixture will start to bubble after a minute. As the mixture darkens to a dark amber color, approximately 5-7 minutes, add the butter and cream to saucepan. The mixture will bubble wildly. Whisk to combine (bubbles will subside upon cooling). Add salt and stir to combine.Apple Crumble:
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Fill two pastry bags, one with the mousse and the other pastry bag with caramel.
- Pipe a mousse layer onto bottom of glass.
- Pipe a second layer with caramel on top of the mousse.
- For the third layer, sprinkle the apple crumble mixture on top of the caramel layer.
- Continue layering by repeating steps 2-4.
1 3/4 cups sugar, divided
3/4 cup (6 ounces) block-style fat-free cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups chopped peeled Rome apple (about 2 large)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat 1 1/2 cups sugar, cream cheese, butter, and vanilla at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition; set aside.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add flour mixture to creamed mixture, and beat at low speed until blended. Combine 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Combine 2 tablespoons of the cinnamon mixture and apple in a bowl; stir apple mixture into batter. Pour batter into an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until cake pulls away from the sides of pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack, and cut using a serrated knife.
- Note: You can also make this cake in a 9-inch square cake pan or a 9-inch springform pan; just reduce the baking time by 5 minutes.
Store bought pie dough
6 small apples
3 tablespoons raisins
3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup apple juice
1/2 cup corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Combine raisins and walnuts in a mixing bowl.
- Cut pie dough into 6 squares.
- Core apples and place one apple on each dough square.
- Fill apple cores with the raisin and walnut mixture.
- Wrap apples in the dough, using a bit of water to "seal" the dough around the apples, then put them in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Combine the sugar, apple juice, corn syrup, butter and cinnamon to a saucepan and boil for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour sauce over the wrapped apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 35 minutes, or until golden brown and apples are tender.
Sunday, September 23, 2012
Many of you may of heard of Annies organics. They are a leading provider of natural and organic alternatives to traditional comfort food. Many of their products mimic those that we have grown up with and love and our kids love as well. They also cater to pizza fans and families who seek better for you options but still want the great taste they are used to. Annies uncured pepperoni pizza is made with pepperoni with no added nitrates or nitrites and mozzarella nd provolone cheeses. The four cheese pizza offers a delicious combination of mozzarella, provolone, parmesan and romano cheeses. One that I believe my family would love the BBQ recipe chicken pizza is created with the natural white meat of chicken (chickens are raised without antibiotics and no added hormones) mixed with an organic roasted onions and tangy organic barbq sauce.
Annies Pizzas are all 11.5 inch family-sized varieties are made with organic flour, organic tomatoes,whole grains, and 100 percent real, rBST-free+ cheese. Look for these delicious pizzas at Kroger, Safeway, Target and other great retailers for a suggested price of $7.99
Hungry for a bit of pizza well let me share with you about the great tour that Annies mobile pizza will be taking from September 29 through mid November. Annies kitchen and organic garden will travel 6,000 miles to 11 cities nationwide all while offering samples o all three pizza varieties at locations such as family friendly events like farmer markets, youth sporting events and parks. Special "detour" stops will also be presented along the way as requested by Annie's fans. Want your chance at requesting your very own "detour"? You can submit your request at www.anniespizzatour.com.
If you are lucky enough to visit one of the Slice of Happiness Tour spots along the tour you should expect the chance to join in on fun family activities. Activities like digging into the Annie's Truck Farm where you will find a mobile garden growing organic herbs and vegetables like the ones found on Annie's Pizzas. Visitors will also have the chance to meet Annie's mascot Bernie and the Rabbit of Approval. Prizes, pizza coupons and even the chane to appear on Annie's "slice of happiness tour" website are all things that may await visitors. Fans can show their support by using the hashtag #sliceofhappiness on Twitter or Instagram.
Check and see if and when the tour comes near your home
Locations to be announced online at
anniespizzatour.com closer to event dates.
Sept. 29-30 San Francisco Bay Area
Oct. 5-7 Denver, CO
Oct. 10 Des Moines, IA
Oct. 12-13 Chicago, IL
Oct. 16-17 Cincinnati, OH
Oct. 20-21, 23 New York, NY
Oct. 24-25 New Haven, CT
Oct. 27-28 Philadelphia, PA
Oct. 31, Nov. 2 Atlanta, GA
Nov. 3-4 Nashville, TN
Nov. 7-8 Minneapolis, MN
Nov. 14-16 San Francisco Bay Area
All of annies products are made without the artificial flavors, synthetic colors and preservatives. There are currently over 125 products being sold at over 25,000 retail locations in the U.S. and Canada. Founded in 1989, Annie’s is committed to operating in a socially responsible and environmentally sustainable manner. For more information, visit www.annies.com.
The opportunity to share this with my annies home readers was offered to me by Moms Meet
Disclaimer: I am blogging about this product without compensation from the sponsor of the Moms Meet Program, May Media Group LLC, who recieved it diretly from the manufacturer.
As a Moms Meet blogger I agreed to review this product and post my opinion on my blog. My opinions do not necessarily reflect the opinions of May Media Group or the product manufacturer.
When I recieved my Raggedy Ann doll from Aurora World inc. in the mail I was delighted to see that she was the same beautiful doll that I remembered as a child. The colorful blues, red and whites that made up her smock and leggings were beautiful to my eyes. here loopity red hair was awesome as well. She was to me just adorable.
Aurora and Hasbro have worked together to bring a new generation of children a classic from the past. A new plush doll with the same vintage look and modern elements has been added to the classic beloved brand. With exquisite detail that includes fine facial features and the yarn loopy hair style. Now the doll that was loved by many generations beofre can now share with the new generation a love for a doll like none other. The doll I was sent was presented to my grand-daughter princess on her 4th birthday. I have many ann dolls at my house many that she can not touch all though she has loved them all. Now she has one of her own to care for.
The 8", 12" 16" and 25" classic Raggedy Ann or Raggedy Andy rag dolls are: $10, $15, $25 and $35.
The Fancy Pals style -- Raggedy Ann Butterfly or Red Ribbon -- are 7" and $17 each Aurora's Raggedy Ann and Raggedy Andy can be purchased at retail or online at the official Aurora shop:
Aurora is on Facebook and YouTube
Strawberry Cheesecake Salad
12 oz. whipped topping
1 small package of cheesecake pudding (powder)
3 (6 oz) strawberry yogurts (I use Yoplait)
1 lb fresh strawberries, sliced
3 bananas, sliced (add just before serving or they brown)
miniature marshmallows (add just before serving)
Thaw whipped topping and in a large salad bowl stir together whipped topping, yogurts, and pudding powder. Let this set up in the fridge for at least an hour before serving. Wash and slice strawberries. You can add strawberries to salad or wait to add them with sliced bananas and marshmallows just before serving. Keep refrigerated.