Saturday, May 30, 2009
Today’s topic is “6 things that make you sick, but you eat them anyways.” You can answer this with a list of 6 words, 6 phrases, 6 sentences, 6 paragraphs, 6 photos, 6 videos, etc .
Here they are:
5. banana split every since I was in a banana split eating contest at age 12
- win some boogie wipes at the blog News Around The Blog
- win a dripstik at the blog feisty frugal and fabulous
- the blog two of a kind working on a full house hosting giveaway for a learning bib from sponsoring company baginno
- win a totclock from Mombuzz Contest ends June 17th. This will help your todler to tell time. Yeah!!!!!!
- the blog 3 kids and us hosting great giveaway for a green effect package and sunchips.
2. Last person you talked to on the phone?
3. Last person on your missed call list?
4. Who calls you the most?
5. What is your favorite song about breaking up?
6. If someone sent you an unexpected gift, what would you like it to be?
7. Your classic rock station plays the top songs of all time. What is number one?
8. Do you live for today or tomorrow?
9. What movie villain scared you as a kid?
1. depends on who it is, I love company but then there are some that I never want to see
2. sister in law Amanda
3. my brother Jon
4. split between my sister in law and my daughter
5. breaking up is hard to do
6. something sweet and good to eat
7. 96 STO
8. for always
go here to read more Saturday 9 or fill your own in
Friday, May 29, 2009
2. _____ tomatoes.
3. My favorite health and beauty product is _____.
4. _____ a nice long ride.
5. Well, first of all _____.
6. _____; those were the cast of characters in a recent dream and it was _____.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to _____, tomorrow my plans include _____ and Sunday, I want to _____!
It's cold and rainy outside
My favorite and health and beauty product is skincream
the road to my daughters house is a nice long ride
well first of all it is the end of the day now and I am getting ready for bed
me, my dog, my husband, and my kids were the cast of characters in a recent dream and it was a rather good dream
and as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to sleep, tomorrow my plans include working outside and sunday I want to go to church and work outside a bit more
want to read others or fill your own answers in? Go here
Thanks to Tom I found this great little quiz. Tom you are great and so much fun but bud you see I am a bit above low maintenance but not quite high maintenance. Sort of in between.
You Are Medium Maintenance
Like everyone else, you have some things you are particular about.
You're not too annoying about it, and you're able to go with the flow most of the time.
You've learned to stand your ground on what matters but also make compromises from time to time.
You have good taste. Too bad not everyone shares it.
2.What is the shortest hour of the day?
3.What is the longest line you’ve ever stood in?
4.Who’s your shortest adult friend?
5.Who among your current friends have you known the longest?
1. I have went for years without haircuts my mother in law always loved long hair but now that I am older want it cut about every 2 months
2. night time because they seem to go so fast
3. bathroom at any theme park LOL
4. my daughter would be or my friend Tammy who is even shorter than her
5. current friends huh I have several from highschool years and before but the one I talk to daily would be my husbands sister
Want to share your answers or see how others answer? Go check here
- We attended a lovely homemade and cake party last week. We went as a family and all went quite well
- Last Saturday was graduation which went over quite well in fact I loved it. I am so proud of my daughter and all that she has done. I am also quite proud of the young adults that graduated with her as well
- Sunday was a great time as we sort of just loafed around the house and we were introduced to the newest member of the family. His name is Alex and he is the baby of on of my husband nieces
- Monday was memorial day and we finished off the leftovers from the weekend and had a great time. Oh how wonderful it is to have lots of family over and the leftovers you have when they are all done. I just tossed the few little bits that was left last night. It was terrific
- I have enjoyed this week and the great weather that we have had. We had a rain storm one night but in the summer when it does not get bad I just think of storms as being a way for God to cool it off just a bit.
Want to read others top 5 or list your own? Then head over to the blog Living to Tell the Story
In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response
My question today is a little more thought provoking than many of my other questions have been.
My question for today is:
Who has been the most influential person in your life. If you don't care will you also share why
I will share with you one of the most influential and supportive individuals of my life. That person would be my dad. You see my dad would have celebrated his birthday on this Monday. He would not of asked for a cake but would of requested a pie to help him celebrate. Oh my dad was my friend, my supporter as well as the person who would bring me down to earth. I have many stories that I will be sharing with you on my blog in the next few days. Oh he was a very special person in my life and I want to share with you some of my favorite memories of him. So stayed tuned to hear more about him
For more Aloha Friday or to ask a question of your own go on over to the blog An Island Life
I appreciate the focus friday meme so much because it attempts to keep me on track. Believe me I need that. This next week will find me getting ready to go away with my hubby. Not for a romantic trip but one without the teens that live at home. We will be traveling to visit with my daughters family. I have no idea what she has planned for us but I will love it I am sure. Here at home I will need to get meals ready, house neat, laundry done etc... by thursday. My children are all old enought to take care of themselves the oldest being nearly 21 and the youngest will be 16 shortly. I will still have my spies here around the town to check on them though. But wish me luck as I prepare for this wonderful trip
for more focus friday or to add your own to keep you honest visit the blog Thrify and Chic mom
"I let my imagination run, and originated the embodiment of that 40's girl in the apron and gloves, living in our ultra modern age. Suzy Homefaker slaves over a hot microwave for minutes at a time, constant hostess to all, in and around her kitchen, enticing temptress to you know who, you know where."
Want to buy one of these great looks or possibly one of the other numerous styles visit Carolyn's Kitchen Website located at http://www.carolynskitchenonline.com/
Roxanne, the creator of Happy Green Bee and true environmentalist supports the environment through the way she lives as well. Roxanne has been awarded for her actions by being granted the nonprofit organizations in support of the environment and the arts and the second, an operating foundation, owns and maintains 70,000 acres of wilderness in the North woods of Maine. Roxanne is desires to help preserve the spirit and landscape of Maine Woods. Roxanne takes a fun spirited yet very ecological outlook to creating her clothes. She wants to create safe and sustainable, soft and stretchy, super silly, simply sensational styles.
If you are interested in getting your little guy or gal new clothes then check out the Happy Green Bee website and do a little shopping. Remember you are not only getting great styles but you are also doing the right thing.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Mix flour, mustard and salt. Coat beef with flour mixture. Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook beef 15 minutes until brown. Place in 3 1/2 to 5 quart crock pot, and top with onion and bell pepper. Mix tomatoes ; pour over beef and vegetables. Cover and cook on low heat setting 6-10 hours.
One great category of Nacho Mama tees that are available at Nacho Mama Tees is the Cheap T-shirts category. These tees are great humorous and affordable. The tee that we received from Nacho Mama had a great screen print that did not fake after 3 washings. It has quickly became one of my husbands favorite tee. The tee itself is constructed of quality material that is not thin but yet breathable. I really appreciate the fact that Nacho Mama Tees are available in such an array of sizes with such a variety of tee designs. This to me makes Nacho Mama Tees a great company to shop for tees.
Buy: You can buy Nacho Mama Tees on their website
Win: Win the Nacho Mama Tee of your choice.
To win you must go to the nacho mama website and tell me what tee you would want (this will be the tee you recieve if you win)
Extra Entries: after completing the above
- let me know another tee that you like (2 entries)
- follow me on blogger (2 entries)
- follow me on twitter (2 entries)
- subscribe to my blog (3 entries)
- grab my button and let me know where you place it (3 entries)
- twitter about the giveaway let me know the link (1 entry each time)
- blog about the giveaway let me know the link (5 entries)
Contest will start now and run through June 16, 2009. Remember to include email and each entry deserves its own comment. Have fun and good luck. Contest open to all
Any mother should be able to tell you how messy the average soda can is. Oh the invention of small bottles for childrens use was terrific but expensive. With the Snapp Capp the messiness is taken out of drinking soda from a can and replaced with a cheaper alternative than the small expensive bottles. Finally we have a way to reclose those once open always open drink cans. The Snapp Capp is a plastic re-closable tood devised to snap onto most 12 or 16 oz aluminum cans.
Most moms will pour the soda out of the can into an unamed container and often place the remainder of it in the fridge. Now what is in that container is unknown. By snapping the Snapp Capp on the top of the can we know what is in the can and there are no questions that need to be asked. With spring coming there will be more people working, picnicing and playing outside. There is one pesky little pest that is drawn to these cans of open drink more than any other that I can think of. In this area the bees seem drawn to the glorious drink fly into the can and when you take a drink you (1) swallow the bee or (2) stung in the mouth. I know many people who this has happened to. The Snapp Capp can prevent this terrible exposure to the underside of a bee.
Snap Capps come in a 3 pack. They come in 3 different colors They will help you save money by keeping the soda for a longer period of time before going flat. They are also cheaper than the alternative soda bottle. Simply rinse and reuse to sell
Win: Win a set of 3 snapp capps. Just right for picnics, fairs or summer going. You can win a set of 3 snapp capps and all that you have to do is leave me a comment letting me know what you would do with them if you win
But when Jesus saw it, he was much displeased, and said unto them, Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.” (Mark 10:14)
Do you remember the hip days of yesterday? There is a special clothing company for kids that is keeping the hip style in mind. The Baby Rock Apparel company creates some of the loveliest and cutest clothes available. Some of the cutest clothes that are available on the Baby Rock Apparel website truly thrilled me. I thought they were wonderful, attractive pieces of clothing that yes I would allow my child to wear. Can you imagine the cool thoughts and fun that they will have wearing such items from the Baby Rock Apparel company.
We received this delightful tee. I loved the saying that it has on it. The tee says DRAMA QUEEN just like mommy (LOL)
Baby Rock Apparel was created in 2004 when the creators found it necessary because they were unable to find trendy clothing for infant, baby and toddler boys. Baby Rock apparel wanted to offer the consumer of baby clothing a hipper edgier look. Baby Rock Apparel can be found in over 200 boutiques in the United States, Canada and Europe. Besides caring for high fashion in a stylish manner Baby Rock Apparel cares for more than just a fashion sense but offers support to the Pediatric Cancer Foundation.
If you are looking for a great gift for that special little one in your life you can check out Baby Rock Apparel on their website. Annies Home readers can save 15% by
Manisha S. Joshi the founder of the great Sunisha Designs started her great business with the goal to create unique products that would entice the eye. In my opinion she has completed this goal just look at the lovely roses in the weekender bag above, just lovely. The Sunisha Designs were first created to replace the gift wrap that many times is tossed out. With reusable wine and gift bags the packaging could then be kept and enjoyed.
wine gift bag
CD Music Wrap
2. Our products are handmade with utmost quality and care with designs you just can't find anywhere else. We don't mass produce, yet we can hand make our products to your liking in mass.
3. Our products are environmentally friendly - we've rarely been found to throw away even a scrap of fabric! And our gift wraps are reusable time and time again.
4. We offer a 30% wholesale discount to all retailers with a minimum purchase of only 20 items.
5. You can customize any of our products to your liking and go the extra mile finding the most unique accessories and embellishments. Customization at no extra cost? Only here!
6. Sip and shop at our home studio. Where else can you sip coffee, savor pastries and shop at the same time?
7. We are open at the time that best suits you. Our Home Studio is appointment-only based so that we can accommodate you into mornings, evenings, weekends or lunch - we make your time our time.
8. Our products can't be found or duplicated anywhere else, who wouldn't love that? We only carry 1-3 yards of each fabric so that you walk away with an item no one else has.
9. We are the only company that offers cards made with vintage fabrics from India. You don't even need a passport to purchase them.
10. We believe hospitality and customer relations go hand in hand. Most of our customers have turned into family friends...so join our family today!
- sign up for the Sunisha Designs newsletter (3 entries)
- subscribe to Manisha's blog (3 entries)
- Subscribe to my blog (3 entries)
- follow my blog (3 entries)
- place my button on your blog and let me know the url (2 entries)
- follow me on twitter (2 entries) let me know your ID
- tweet about the giveaway (1 entry each time) leave link in comment
- blog about the giveaway (5 entries) leave link in comment
Contest will run from today through June 16, 2009 Good luck and remember to give yourself credit for entering contest by (1) having email in comment or on blog so that you are the lucky winner I can let you know and (2) leave a comment for each entry. Open to everyone.
Because I love the great Sunisha Design Bags I have listed this on the blog The Diaper Diaries
- The blog Seeryus Mama hosting giveaway for a Vera Bradley handbag. These are great I love them all. You can win one of these great bags if you are lucky. Hope I am. You have til June 1, 2009 to sign up
- The sun is out, or at least it will be when the rain is all over. LOL. We will all be needing some protection from that hot sun this summer. The Blog Peanut Butter and Smelly are hosting a great contest where the winner will receive a bottle of the great KINeSYS sunscreen spray. You have til June 12, to enter this great fun loving giveaway.
- There is a great fathers day giveaway getting started today. The blogs that are taking place in this is MomStart, Life Starring Ellie and Eve, Blessings Abound, and 3 Garnets and 2 Saphires Prizes for the first day include a special way to count your steps from Tech 40 and Rock Buds While there enter the great contest for the Dremel Multi-Max Oscillating Tool
Wednesday, May 27, 2009
for more ABC Wednesday visit here
“For YOU created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful I know that full well.” Psalm 139: 13-14