Saturday, March 21, 2009
Love: warmer weather and the ability to go outside
Hate: all the rain that comes up that does not allow us to go outside
Love: all the trees budding and flowers blooming
Hate: all the allergies and sinus problems that travel with the great pollen that helps the flowers bloom and trees bud
Love: the great clothing styles that change every season
Hate; not having enough money to buy all the top styles
For more saturday Small Talk six visit momdot.com
- The blog Little Window Shop hosting giveaway for JK Vinyl. These stickers are super cute. Contest ends March 27, 2009
- The blog "Deal"ectible mommas hosting giveaway for my Monkey moo stroller blanket and pad set These would be great for the late summer walks. Contest ends March 28, 2009
- The blog My Organized Chaos hosting a giveaway for baby bella socks. Super cute and always needed. Ends March 28 A second giveaway at this blog would be for a great lego adventure This contest ends April 1, 2009
- The peace and quite blog hosting a giveaway for rudis organic bread. This bread is great. Contest ends March 24, 2009
- The blog An Island Life hosting a giveaway for a copy to the video Gulliver Travels. Great book and would love to have this. Contest ends March 29th 2009
- The blog Rockin Mama hosting a giveaway for mabel labels. These are quite useful to keep organized home. Contest ends April 4, 2009
- The blog An Island Review hosting a giveaway for a book from harper collins publishing called the perfet baby handbook. This would be great for any new mom. Contest ends March 29, 2009
- The Giveaway blog hosting giveaway for Laura J designs necklace. This is super cute and woudl look great on my daughters neck. Contest ends April 4, 2009
- The Thrifty and Chick Mom blog hosting giveaway for a boon Flair highchair. How great that would be to have at my house for my granddaughter. Contest ends March 27
Friday, March 20, 2009
We received a pair of the lime green aqua sandals. These are cute since they will be for my granddaughter and grandma has a pair just like them. Organically Hatched sells these great aqua sandals for a terrific price and I am so proud that Katelynn will receive a pair of them. For puddle jumping to wearing by the pool aqua sandals will be the perfect wear for this summer.
I could just imagine my little princess in an Easter dress like this. If you have a princess to dress you should check out the clothing styles for both boys and girls. Remember they are terribly cool while great for everyone because they are organic. Organically Hatched is celebrating Easter in style and have many of the great items that you may want for your little one. For a great shopping experience please visit Organically Hatched here.
- The blog 5 minute for mom hosting giveaway for a great product called maranatha nut butters. Thats right not only peanut butter mmm mmm good. Contest ends April 3, 2009
- The blog Tara's view of the world hosting giveaway for a great christain music cd for kids in my opinion more music like this is needed. Contest ends March 31, 2009
- The blog Island Review is hosting giveaway for a great book called Waggit Again published by Harper Collins. Contest ends March 28th Second contest available here would be for Jibber Jabber
Thursday, March 19, 2009
1.How's the climate where you live right now? Too cold? Too hot? What's your preferred climate?
I love the weather right now Spring in Illinois is always great . I wish it would stay like it is now 60 to 70 degrees and warm not hot not cold sort of like room temp
2. Is it 'spring' where you live yet? If so, how can you tell? If not, when does spring usually occur?
I would say yes we have reached the door way but you never know in Illinois what will happen next
3. Depending on the season, what's the preferred temperature in your house? What kind of things do you do (heat, a/c, fans, etc) to make your environment most comfortable for yourself?
Like it around 70 we do all we have to keep it that way
- The blog 80 mph mom hosting giveaway for a vera bradley bag this giveaway ends on March 25
- The blog Moms Most Wanted hosting giveaway for a earrings and necklace from etsy shop Just Add Charm many great ways to enter and contest ends
- Th blog Lady Bug Soup is hosting a giveaway for a great etsy shop named ellembee which is offering a lucky winner their choice of item. Contest ends March 28
- The blog my organized chaos is hosting a giveaway for a giggles bib. These are super cute. Contest ends March 28, 2009 A scond giveaway would be for a nursery rhyme tease tee set contest ends March 26, 2009
- The blog Life starring Ellie and Eve hosting giveaway for spoiled mama are you a spoiled mama do you have a spoiled baby then you should check this out.
- Teh blog Barefoot Mommy hosting giveaway for Molla Space which has really nice things.
Wednesday, March 18, 2009
- Tell me if you or someone else could use the Peek A Boobs
- Place my button on your blog
- follow me on blogger
- follow me on twitter and tweet about this giveaway place link in comment (2 entries)
- blog about this giveaway place link in comment (3 entries)
Contest will run from now til April 1, 2009 Email must be included or the entry will be tossed out Winner has 3 days to contact me after winning Good Luck!!!!!!!!
Do you have a special little girl in your family? We recently had a special little girl born into our family in September, 2009. This little girl is special in both her mommies family and her daddy's family. You see neither family had had a little girl for a long long time and therefore everyone tries to get her the best of everything. Gigis Apparel is the perfect place to do just that. Gigis Apparel helps to give that special touch to any great outfit. If you have a special little princess in your life you need to check out Gigis Apparel.
Gigis Apparel helps to bring back that old time feeling by selling the perfect, headbands, hats and lace leggings. Oh the great feeling of being a little girl and dressing to the T is a feeling that I remember. No matter how young or old we are true ladies always feel great when they put on the Ritz. Gigis Apparel helps the little members among us to do just that. Gigis recently sent us a charming light pink hat with a very large pink flower that looked great on Katelynn's head. It was so cute. We also received some darling light pink lacy tights that are being saved to be wore for Sunday church days and Easter.
Are the lacy tights not just the most adorable things you have ever seen. Those little toes against the lace have a special spring cuteness. Gigis Apparel seems to bring fun into even the most loveliest items.
Tuesday, March 17, 2009
- The blog an Island life hosting giveaway for Nick Mighty B DVDs
- Two great blogs giving away books the blog one grape shy offering the book say the word and the blog island review offering the book chicken noodle soup for the sould
- The blog Simply Stacie hosting a giveaway for a great gift card to a great shop named Damsels in Distress where they sell pretty hair clips.
- The blog Mom Buzz hosting a giveaway for those tiny little feet sponsored by shoo shoo
Whether those great shoes are for boys or girls they will help create that perfect outfit. Lucky for you Bugaboo has graciously offered to one of Annie's Home readers a chance to win a great pair of shoes for their little one.
Here is what you have to do:
Mandatory Entry: Visit bugaboo website and let me know what pair of shoes you would select if you were lucky enough to win.
- Tell me a great story about a special pair of shoes when you were younger or why you would like to win these for someone you love (2 entries)
- Follow my blog (2 entries)
- Subscribe to my blog (2 entries)
- Tweet on twitter place link in comment (2 entries)
- Blog about the giveaway place link in comment (5 entries)
- Please place each in entry in new comment for example if you receive 5 entries please make 5 comments
- contest will start when posted and run til April 4, 2009
- Good Luck you must include email or have accessible on blog or will be eliminated
- for non blogger you can email 3 people cc shopannies@Yahoo.com for 4 entries
Laura is such a gracious person as I would find out after the review and has decided to offer a sample in a contest to one of Annie's Home readers. You do not want to miss this. Let me tell you Laura's great brownies not only look great but the taste can be compared to none. MMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!! GOOOOODDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Let me refresh your mind of the great details concerning Laura's Brownies:
- Laura Silvera, a passionate baker, started the company the Gourmet Touch to show her love for baking to others. The Gourmet Touch while located in Los Angeles, California ships their great brownies everywhere
- Laura's Brownies sells their brownies in great tins year round.
- Laura's Brownies are special enough for holidays or those once in a lifetime occasions when only the best will do but they are also simple enough to eat enjoy as your special snack everyday
Buy: You can buy Laura's Brownies online here
Win: a sample box of Laura's Brownies like I received.
Mandatory Entry: You must visit Laura's Brownies website here and tell me where Laura's bakery is located and what out of all the great products Laura's bakery sells sounds best to you.
- Tell me who the biggest sweet eater you know is (1 entry)
- Follow me on blogger (1 entry)
- Subscribe to my blog (3 entries)
- follow me on twitter and tweet about the giveaway leave your link in the comment (3 entries)
- favor me on technorati (see sidebar) (4 entries)
- Blog about this giveaway (5 entries)
- be sure to leave a comment for each entry left for example if you receive 4 entries leave 4 comments
- be sure to leave your email or the entries will not count
- you have from today til April 1, 2009
Thanks so much and good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The potato crop was traditionally planted in Ireland after March 17 (have any of you heard that the best day to start planting potatos would be st. Patricks day? For years I have heard this and many including my dad was guided by it)
- Blue not green is the color originally associated with St Patrick. “St Patrick’s Blue” is used on Ireland's Presidential Standard or flag, while the Irish Guards sport a plume of St Patrick’s blue in their bearskins. The emphasis on green is thought to be linked to “wearing the Green”, a symbol from the 18th century on, of sympathy with Irish independence. (This is very odd is it not since many of us automatically associate St. Patricks day with green)
- St Patrick is patron of fishermen in the Loire, where a legend associates him with a blackthorn bush. The saint is said to have slept beneath it, and when he awoke the next day, Christmas, the bush flowered, and was said to have continued to do so every Christmas until its destruction during the First World War. (This is new to me since I had never heard of it before)
- A regiment of the Mexican army in the 1846 -8 War between Mexico and America was named after St Patrick. Members of the Batellón de San Patricio included Afro-Americans freshly liberated from the slave plantations of the South, and the soldiers were granted Mexican citizenship afterwards. (great way to escape from slavery but to do so through war must of been rough as well. This fact is new to me as well)
- The first St Patrick’s Day parade took place in 1737 in Boston, followed in 1762 by New York. George Washington allowed his soldiers a holiday on March 17, 1780 as “an act of solidarity with the Irish in their fight for independence.” (St. Patricks day has long been an American point of pride and many places will once again celebrate with parades and parties)
- Until the 1970’s, all pubs were shut in Ireland on St Patrick’s Day, and the sole venue selling drink the annual dog show. Lenten fasting – and the obligation to abstain from meat – were lifted on the day, which most families would begin with Mass. (This is the religious aspect of St. Patrics Day)
- St Patrick’s Day is a public holiday in Ireland and also in Monserrat "the Emerald Isle of the Carribean,” so called because it was settled in 1633 by Irish migrants from St Kitts. ( I recently saw a picture of the emerald Isle it is beautiful. I had never seen it before but truely a wonderful color green)
- According to legend, on the day of Judgement, while Christ judges all other nations, St Patrick will be the judge of the Irish. (This legend is truely a folk lore)
- Since 1962, tons of green dye are tipped on St Patrick’s Day into the Chicago river, although the quantity has reduced, for environmental reasons, from 100 to 40. (I have seen this on T.V. and it truely turns the water green. I think it is very pretty)
This was my point on St. Patricks day aided by Fox News and if you would like to read more heads or tails on different points then feel free to visit here.
Here is a picture of her daddy. We Love daddy as well for everything that he does. He has such a big heart he not only loves this little girl but also works full time to provide for his family, works as much as he can for volunteer fire fighter, volunteers at the church every chance he gets and he participated in the polar bear plunge for charity. He is so God gifted and big hearted that things just take a hold on his heart and he has to act. As I hear it the next big event is the relay for life.
Monday, March 16, 2009
The Flip Mino HD is the coolest gadget around. You can shoot one hour of video in HD (so you can play it on your plasma) and you can even edit your footage right on your device. This device is so small that it will fit in your pocket so you will never miss capturing a moment ever again.
To enter all you have to do is sign up for Ryan’s newsletter and post about the competition.
Check out all the details of how you can enter the Win a Flip Mino HD competition now.
You must travel to Ryan McLean from Smarter Wealth site to enter this giveaway
Sunday, March 15, 2009
Well I went out on dates with friends but did not settle with any of them that was left for my husband
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
3. Did you car pool to school?
4. What kind of car did you have?
5. What kind of car do you have now?
6. Its Friday night...where are you now?
I would be at my house with my husband and children
7. It is Friday night...where were you then?
Movies, walks pretty much wherever I went out with friends at Salt Block was a big one
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
worked for my parents in their business
9. What kind of job do you do now?
Being a mom and working for my mom
10. Were you a party animal?
Not really I attended some parties but was by no means a party animal
11. Were you considered a flirt?
Yes I think so
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
band and choir orchestra was not offered at our school
13. Were you a nerd?
No I was book smart and did good but was not nerdy. I did have friends that were nierds though.
14. Did you get suspended from school?
Once for a week something I did not do but was in trouble for being there whether I did it or not
15. Can you sing the fight song?
Can hum it never knew the words
16. Who was/were your favorite teacher?
Mr Jay Thompson, Mr Kerly
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
different places I was a social butterfly
18. What was your school's full name?
Harrisburg Township High School
19. Where did you party the most?
nowhere in particular just went out
20. What was your school mascot?
21. Would you do it again?
some of it there were things that I would not
22. Did you have fun at Prom?
did not go
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to Prom with?
did not go
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
26. What are/were your school's colors?
purple and white
For more sunday stealing meme visit here
With the first day of spring only 3 days away I decided to locate qoutes with a spring fling
“Expect to have hope rekindled. Expect your prayers to be answered in wondrous ways. The dry seasons in life do not last. The spring rains will come again.”
Sarah Ban Breathnach quotes
“If I had my life to live over, I would start barefoot earlier in the spring and stay that way later in the fall. I would go to more dances. I would ride more merry-go-rounds. I would pick more daisies.”
Nadine Stair quotes
To read more qoutes from others visit over here
2 cups pretzels, finely crushed 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
3 tablespoons sugar 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 cup sugar 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed in fridge
2 teaspoons vanilla extract 1 teaspoon orange extract or lemon extract
2 (3 ounce) packages strawberry gelatin 2 cups boiling water
2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, par thawed and sliced
1Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2Stir together first 3 ingredients.
3Mix well and press into bottom of 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
4Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
5Set aside or refrigerate to cool.
6In a large mixing bowl, or in a stand mixer cream together sugar and cream cheese, gradually add in extracts.
7Fold in Cool Whip gently until mixture is fluffy.
8Spread mixture onto cooled pretzel crust.
9In separate bowl, dissolve gelatin into boiling water.
10Stir in frozen strawberries and allow to set until about egg white consistency. If you use fresh stawberries, this will take longer, but if you use frozen, it will be very quick.
11Once correct consistency, pour and spread evenly over the cream cheese layer.
12Refrigerate until fully set.