Custom Search

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Apple Carrot and Raisin Salad




This is a recipe that reminds me of summer that goes back to my childhood

APPLE - CARROT - RAISIN SALAD

1/2 cup raisins
2 red apples
2-3 baby carrots, grated
Mayonnaise
Lettuce leaves

Simmer raisins 5 minutes in 2 cups water. Let sit 15 minutes to cool and steep. Chill.
Core, peel and dice apple. Add grated carrot and raisins.
Blend with 2 tablespoons mayonnaise.
Serve chilled on lettuce leaves. 2-4 servings

Have a great salad recipe to add or want to find more visit the blog A Heart for Home

6 comments:

  1. This sounds yummy. And if you count the lettuce leaf, 4 different fruits and veggies! I'm always trying to incorporate more fruits and veggies in our diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are so right this is the way to do it and family friendly as well my family loves it thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. We use to make a salad with just carrots and raisin and it was a treat. Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Now for teething tips as you ask. I use the oral gel, these tablets for teething you give to the child and teething rings are also great. I stick them in the freezer my little one loves running to the freezer and grabbing them out. I hope this helps. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much for the help with teething with my children, grandchildren, nieces and nephews we are always looking for great tips
      we also shared a carrot and raisin salad recipe you may want to do a quick search to find it
      come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

      Delete
  3. Oh, this sounds sooooo good! I love the combination of sweet, chewy raisins with crispy fruit and vegetables! This is definitely going on my 'try it soon' list.
    I hope you do try my vegetable salad. It really is delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for stopping by if you try this recipe let me know what you think

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post