Custom Search

Tuesday, March 10, 2020

Recycle Those Soap Slivers



Many individuals including myself use body wash but there are some that still use bar soap. One issue I find with bar soap are those little slivers that eventually are at the end. 


  • One great way to use up those slivers is to make a bath helper for the youngsters or elderly in your life. Simply put the small slivers in a clean old sock and tie it shut or make a slit in a small sponge where you can insert the soap. Doing this makes it easier for little hands or arthritic older hands to hold onto and wash. 
  • Another use for those soap slivers is to make liquid soap out of them. Take the soap slivers and dissolve them in a little hot water. Place the mix into liquid soap dispenser The mixture is a bit more watery but works as well  




  • Use up those soap slivers by placing in a little sack of sorts in your dresser drawer they still have that wonderful scent that you love so it will help you drawer and whats in it to smell great 
  • Use soap to remove that broken light bulb or pick up glass pieces First wet the bar of soap and then the glass will stick to the bar You simply then throw the soap away 

retweet post
shared on facebook 
pin post

shared at
facebook linkup --- AVN fb --- 3/12 --- done
create, bake , grow
facebook linkup === AVN rt === 4/6

1 comment:

  1. My mom always had a mayonaise jar under the kitchen sink with her soap sliver solution; she used it for washing her nylons! I cut mine into slivers and add them into my liquid soap bottle with a bit more water. I also love to "piggy-back" the old bars onto the top of the new one; they both had to be wet and soft. I believe it was an Australian term (I'm in Maine).

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post