Custom Search

Sunday, November 25, 2018

DIY Gingerbread Candles



Candle wax (I use soy)
Wicks
Cinnamon (optional)
Ginger root essential oil
Vanilla absolute oil
Cinnamon essential oil
Nutmeg or Clove essential oil
A double boiler or makeshift double boiler
Glass jars

STEP ONE. PREPARE WICKS
Tape your wicks to the bottom of the glass jars. I use masking tape but other types of tape should work fine.

OPTIONAL PRE-STEP TWO. HEAT JARS
Heat your jars in the oven on the lowest setting. This helps make sure the wax hardens evenly because the jars will be closer to the temperature of the wax. You can skip this if you are lazy, like I was when I made these.

STEP TWO. MELT WAX
In your double boiler, or a pot placed over a boiling pot of water, melt your wax. 1 cup of wax should make about one 4 ounce candle (like the 4 ounce jelly jars I love to use)

STEP THREE. ADD SCENTS
When the wax is completely melted, turn the heat off but leave the pot on the double boiler. Now is time to add your essential oils. I added about 20 drops of ginger oil, 15 vanilla, 10 cinnamon, and 5 nutmeg into 2 cups of wax. I also added some sprinkles of cinnamon. It gave the candles a speckled look, which I like.

STEP FOUR. POUR INTO JARS
Pour the wax into the jars and let them cool! If your wicks won’t stay in the middle, just use a toothpick to keep them in place.

retweet post here 

shared at these blog hops, parties and linkups
inspire me monday

shared at these facebook group linkups
grow your blog === 12/3 rt 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post