Custom Search

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Changes In the Automation World :::: The Model T


Today, I was able to take a road trip with my family and have a great time as usual. My mind wanders back to the Model T. I have a good friend that has a few and loves them. It was the Model T was revealed on October 1, 1908. It was the vehicle that would change the world of automation. Nicknames such as the Tin Lizzie, Leaping Lena or the Flivver was awarded to the model T car. It was made affordable for more people by Henry Ford himself.


Made by the capabilities of the assembly line the Model T would become the peoples car. With a 20 horsepower, 4 cylinder engine it could reach the speed of about 45 miles per hour. It weighed 1,200 pounds and could get between 13 to 21 miles per gallon of gas.

It would not take long for orders to come in for the Model T. By 1918 half of all cars on America's roads were nearly identical Model T's. Between the years of 1908 to 1927 over 16 million cars would be sold. Even today it ranks in the top ten of automobile sales.





resources here



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post