Custom Search

Monday, November 22, 2010

Tips for Making Pie




Holidays are coming with Thanksgiving for those in the U.S. and following up Christmas season. Many of us who like to cook and bake will find our selves in the kitchen and helping out. Our kitchen is normally always full. There are many of us who love to be involved in the kitchen. My grandmother could make delicious pies oh they were so good. I remember them being so delicious with a flaky crust. I am not as good as she is but I can make a wicked good pie at least thats what I have been told. Here are some tips that you may want to use when you are baking pies as well.
  • Dress up your apple pie with butter pecan ice cream or top with caramel. Makes that old fashioned flavor.
  • Another great idea when preparing your apple pie is to replace 1/4 c of regular sugar with brown sugar. 
  • This is a new tip to me lime juice works better than lemon juice to prevent fruits from turning brown
  • Microwave pie filling for 5 to 7 minutes before pouring into the crust. This prevents the crust from becoming overly brown before th filling is completly cooked. 
  • if your pie is runny add 1 T. tapioca to filling
  • To make a caramel like flavor in your pecan pie melt the butter in a saucepan til it turns golden bronw.
  • Spice up a homemade graham cracker crust by adding a little cinnamon to the mix. 
shared at

4 comments:

  1. I love a good homemade pie. Thanks for these tips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always add a little cinnamon and nutmeg to my crust that I make for pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving. I also make my own crust for my pecan pies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this sounds so tasty. I love apple pie. I like the idea of using brown sugar. Baked apples are always so nice with a little brown sugar.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the post. I'll be saving it for when I bake pie again.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post