Custom Search

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Halloween Treat Idea Popcorn Balls on Stick

One of my favorite things to get during the Halloween season was popcorn balls. My grandmother made them and they were so good. But then I became an adult and learned that while they were delicious they were also quite messy. I love the popcorn ball on a stick idea from Parents online
10 cupsfresh popcorn

1-1/2 cupssugar
Lollipop sticks

Melt sugar, without stirring, in a saucepan over medium heat for about 5 minutes, watching constantly to make sure it doesnt burn.  In a large bowl, pour melted sugar over top of popcorn. Mix popcorn with a spoon and cover thoroughly. Reserve some of the melted sugar for later.  While still warm, roll the popcorn into balls and place on wax paper. Its a little hot, so use plastic gloves if needed.  Dip lollipop sticks in the leftover melted sugar and push into the balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post