Custom Search

Monday, February 2, 2009

recipes baked potato soup and rolo cookies













Make Something Monday














I wanted to share a few recipes that I will be making new for my family this week. I believe that they will meet the taste test and they were also not bad on the budget.






Baked potato soup





onion, chopped




4 T butter


10 potato, chopped


1 qt. of chicken stock


1/2 gal of milk




Saute onion in butter. Mix potato and onion. Add stock Mix in milk Freeze or heat til vegies are tender





Rolo Cookies




1 c butter


1 c sugar


1 c brown sugar


2 eggs


2 t vanilla


3/4 c cocoa


2 1/2 c flour


1 t soda


1 c chop nuts


1 T sugar


48 rolos




Cream the first 2 Add eggs, flavor. Mix in cocoa, flour, soda Mix in 1/2 c nuts and sugar Wrap around rolo Top w/ nuts bake 375 degrees 10 minutes




For more 11th Heaven Homemaker Monday head over here
For more make something Monday head over to Go Graham Go


For more tasty tuesday head over to the blog Forever.... Wherever


For more kitchen tip tuesday head over to the blog Tammy's Kitchen


For more Tempt my tummy tuesday head over to Blessed With Grace
For more favorite ingredient friday head over to overwhelmed with joy










10 comments:

  1. Hi!
    Those cookies sound really good!! I'm not a cookie baker, I do mostly cakes. But this sound too good to pass up. Have a great day!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. great recipes! Thanks for sharing today:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both your recipes sound wonderful. I've made Rolo cookies before and they were outstanding. I'll have to print out your recipe and see if it's the same. And I've been looking for a good potato cheese soup recipe, so that one will go in my "to try" pile, too :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So the debate is which to try first! Something that I will share with everyone (soup) or something that I will eat all by myself (cookies). I am a horrible sharer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of those recipes sound excellent! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us for Tasty Tuesday! I love the cookie recipe and when I saw rolos on it I started craving them. I haven't had them in years and they're so good! Thanks for sharing you recipes with us!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great recipes! I love potato soup! And the cookies sound so good...I haven't had Rolos in forever!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love rolos. Loved to each them, as a child. Thanks for the recipe. Glad you linked up with us.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those cookies sound yummy. I just posted my recipe for baked potato soup for Simply Delicious Sunday - small world and completely different recipes for the same thing - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love potato soup! I will be trying your recipe!

    Your Rolo cookies sound scrumptious so I'll be trying those too! :)

    Thanks for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday- Chocolate edition recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

    I hope you'll join me again this Friday for my Mardi Gras edition!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post