Custom Search

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Easy Strawberry Preserves





Summertime offers so many delicious opportunities to enjoy the bounty of fruit and vegetables. Here is a wonderful recipe for Strawberry Preserves. Delicious and while the recep says it will last up to 1 month. I have to tell you that in our house the preserves did not even last one week. I guess thats what you get when raising 3 teenage boys. I hope you all enjoy as well.



EASY STRAWBERRY PRESERVES

Place 3 containers 16 oz each strawberries, hulled, sliced, 3/4 cup sugar, 2 tbs lemon juice in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 45 min. stirring to make sure the mixture doesn't burn.
*Store in an airtight container in refrigerator for up to 1 month. Good on toast, biscuits, pancakes, etc.
MAKES 4 CUPS OF PRESERVES...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post