Custom Search

Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Hot Breakfast Recipe

 


Breakfast is the first thing in the morning and several people believe that it is the most important meal of the day. Some may consider cereal a delicious meal that hits the spot or perhaps it is a bagel with cream cheese. A protein bar on the run is what some may consider breakfast as well. However, are those breakfasts good enough?? Let me ask you have you ever took the time to enjoy a hot breakfast. 


Breakfast is often said to be the most important meal of the day, and that’s why so many of us make a point of getting up in the morning and pouring ourselves a bowl of our favorite cereal. If not cereal, than a cold bagel smeared with cream cheese, and if we’re in a particular hurry, then we’ll have a protein bar or one of the many breakfast bars on the market to see us through the day.


National Hot Breakfast Month encourages us to break this cycle of coldness and start the day off HOT! Here is a great recipe that will fill you up but not take a lot of time to make. 


1/2 pound bulk lean turkey breakfast sausage

3 large eggs

4 large egg whites

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 cups chopped fresh spinach

tap here

2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped

1 garlic clove, minced

1/4 teaspoon pepper

6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed

Salsa, optional


In a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles, 4-6 minutes. Remove from pan.

In a small bowl, whisk eggs and egg whites until blended. In same pan, add eggs; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Remove from pan; wipe skillet clean if necessary.

In skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add spinach, tomatoes and garlic; cook and stir until spinach is wilted, 2-3 minutes. Stir in sausage and eggs; heat through. Sprinkle with pepper.

To serve, spoon 2/3 cup filling across center each tortilla. Fold bottom and sides of tortilla over filling and roll up. If desired, serve with salsa.

please consider sharing our post on twitter, facebook and pinterest

shared at

facebook group                                                                        blog linkups

    blog comments                                                                        happiness is homemade

blog it better --- comment                                                      in my kitchen

13 comments:

  1. I’m all for a hot breakfast! I hardly ever do cold breakfast for me and my family! A good hot breakfast just kicks off my day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thats what I tell my gang it gets the morning started off right

      Delete
  2. This hot breakfast sounds divine! I love having big breakfasts on the weekend with the whole family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's what I call a breakfast! I love how hearty this is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing beats a hot breakfast and this one sounds delicious. It's the classic way to start the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Your hot breakfast recipe looks absolutely amazing. I'm always on the lookout for hearty and delicious breakfast ideas, especially ones that are quick and easy to make. Your recipe seems perfect for busy mornings when I need a nutritious and filling meal to start my day right. Thanks for sharing such a fantastic recipe—I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always love a good breakfast! In fact we just had breakfast for dinner last night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not good about eating breakfast, and your recipe sounds wonderful. I could see myself making this for a weekend brunch.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I usually go for convenience when I make breakfast. A bowl of cold cereal suits me just fine. But hot breakfast is always a better option, at least some of the time

    ReplyDelete
  9. Breakfast is, for me, the most important meal. I like the way your suggestions don't have a lot of carbs.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a hot breakfast, but it does tend to be a weekend thing!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post