Custom Search

Sunday, March 22, 2020

My answers are here what would yours be?? Saturday 9

1) Beethoven is one of classical music's best known composers. Do you often listen to classical music?

I do, I learned to enjoy it during high-school band days. 

2) Though a musical genius, Beethoven never learned to multiply or divide. When faced with a simple arithmetic problem, do you do it in your head? Or do you rely on the calculator in your phone or on your computer?


I am very good at math. I never knew this about Beethoven though very interesting. I really do not care for calculators as I think they simply take up time. 
3) Beethoven bathed often, which was considered "quirky" for a man of his time. (Understandable, since you had the heat the water, haul it to the tub, and then empty the tub bucket by bucket when you were done.) Do you bathe in the morning or in the evening?


I do not have a set time as I have an odd daily schedule all I know is that I stay clean. I would have been more inclined to have been around Beethoven than to be around someone who did not bathe, even though I know this was common in the past. 
4) Adam Fischer conducts the Danish Chamber Orchestra for this 5-disc set. He began his musical career young, when he sang in the children's choir of Budapest's National Opera House. Have you ever sung in a choir or chorus?


Yes most of my life I was in a choir or in chorus class I always have enjoyed music.  
5) Mr. Fischer was awarded the Gold Medal of Arts from the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. Tell us about a prize or award you have received. (Yes, that ribbon you earned for penmanship in second grade counts.)


I have received many awards in band and for my singing abilities. Many do not know this as it is something I only do for fun now. I have also received awards in literacy, 4H and other organizations. 

6) The Danish Chamber Orchestra is beloved in Demark. When, in 2014, the Danish Broadcasting Company announced it would no longer fund the Orchestra, citizens began a crowdfunding campaign and raised more than $1,000,000 to keep the music playing. Have you ever contributed to a crowdfunding platform, like GoFundMe, Kickstarter or FundRazr?


While I have donated to campaigns and I do often no I have not donated to any of these listed 
7) The Orchestra's "home" is the Royal Danish Conservatory of Music in Copenhagen. Where were you when you last heard music played live?


I would have to say church 

8) In 2019, when this boxed set was released, China became the first nation to land a spacecraft on the far side of the moon. Are you fascinated by stories about space?


My husband is truly more fascinated than I am about these matters. 
9) Random question: Tell us about your week. These are extraordinary times, and it might feel good to share.


Its been a lot different than normal in many ways. I have been out of work but return tonight, it was not due to the virus but a surgery I had for other reasons. A lot less traffic around our house as well as shopping was incredibly different. 

how would you answer these questions?? I would love you to share your answers in comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post