Custom Search

Wednesday, February 15, 2017

1 Peter 3:8

Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude.

Would the world not be easier if we followed the world of God and treated each other with love and care?? The bible says that we are to take care of each other as if we were all family. If we followed this I am sure the things that are said the deli-quince in promises would not happen. 



Peter tried to teach all followers of Christ that we needed to sympathize with each other


Blood for blood should not be the case for as the bible and my grandmother would always say if someone slaps you on the cheek turn your cheek and let them slap the other as well. There is no reason that we should ever pay back evil for evil if someone does something to us does not mean that we must do it to them. Have you ever noticed what happens when you smile and wave back to those that may be your enemies?? 

This Christmas at work we had a challenge we had a party where we drew names to give each other a gift. I received the name of a co-worker that I did not always get along with. I say to you that I was a bit afraid of what to give the person of the name I drew. So I purchased a gift that fit both my heart and I thought she would like then I wrote a card that shared my thoughts. I believe since that time we have became closer friends. So showing care as God demands and love of the Christian spirit the situation was made better rather than worst. 


Phil Ware shared the following prayer one time and today I pray the same:

Father, I confess that I have let my own over-sensitive self be wounded and have reacted with pettiness when my brothers and sisters in Christ have not treated me as I felt I deserved. I know Jesus was treated so rudely and shamefully by those he created and so I shouldn't be surprised when things don't always go well for me. But Father, please help me to know when to challenge those who wound me with a loving confrontation and when to just ignore the barb and find a way to minister to them because of some deeper wound has crippled them in their life. Father, let me be an instrument of your peace, harmony, grace, and unity. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post