Custom Search

Sunday, November 6, 2016

Not To Much But Just Enough Sweetness In these Sweet Potatoes

Many of my friends and family members know that I am a diabetic. This is good in case anything ever went wrong, however this is also something that others think that they have to help me with. I simply hate it when others ask are you sure that is on your diet or how many calories really went into tht (whatever I may be eating) I want to say I am and adult and diabetic for over 15 years and able to take care of myself. The truth is that I do not tell them how to lead their life and do not want them to tell me either. I am aware of what I am eating and if you are like me you love recipes like the one I found here



Candied Sweet Potatoes
This holiday favorite has been re-vamped to include just enough "candy" without being overloaded with excess fat and sugar. 
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
SERVINGS: 8
1¼ lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 2" pieces
1/2 c chopped onions
1 granny smith apple, cut into 1" pieces
1/4 c raisins
1/4 c orange juice
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp non-diet tub-style margarine or butter
1/2 tsp grated orange rind
1. IN a large saucepan, combine the potatoes and onions. Add 1" of water to the pan. Cover and simmer over medium heat for 8 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender. Drain, returning the vegetables to the pan.
2. ADD the apples, raisins, orange juice, brown sugar, margarine or butter and orange rind. Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, until the liquid reduces slightly and glazes the potatoes and apples.
NUTRITION (per serving) 130 calories, 3 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 2 g protein, 25 g carbohydrates, 11 g sugar, 3 g fiber, 80 mg sodium

2 comments:

  1. They sound yummy! I love sweet potatoes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you come saw us today, your visits and comments are always welcome

      Delete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post