Custom Search

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Thankful Thursdays Button

Tonight I am thankful for all the doctors, nurses, techs and therapist that are helping my son.


He does not suffer from a physical ailment rather a mental problem. Society never really talks about what happens in life when you live with someone who suddenly (well at least it seems that way) has a problem. I believe my son has possibly suffered with issues but learned how to hide them so no one thought he was odd. In May 2012 he dropped out of school without warning. When we got to the dorm room we were surprised to find what sort of shape it was in and was not sure how he had even lived like that and for how long. He would not return to school and would continue to have a poor attitude that simply continued to get worst. In December 2012 he was hospitalized in a psych clinic and we learned that he had bi-polar and schizophrenia. How could this be what had went wrong a jr. in college and doing great was now teetering on the edge.

Tonight he is getting help with medicine, counseling and I am thankful for all the help we are getting. I am also very thankful for all those that speak out and are not afraid. One thing that happened today that I am most thankful for is that he said "I love you" this is a common phrase but he was not angry or upset he simply said those words.

shared here

Mommy's Idea Our Simple Country Life The Fontenot Four

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I do underhand your situation. If you read my blog long, you'll know I have a son with mental and drug and alcohol problems! I suspected there was something wrong at a young age, but didn't know what to do and had trouble admitting my child had a problem. When he turned to drugs at 15, everything changed and I tried to get help. He's now 42 and is still an angry, angry man. It breaks a mama's heart!

    ReplyDelete

  2. When we have babies I think we are incapable of seeing how much parenting we will still be investing in them when they are "adults."

    I guess if we knew, fewer of us might opt to have children.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so touched by your honesty. I cannot imagine the shock and pain your family felt but I'm very proud of you for taking care of him. There are so many people out there in his situation that have no one. I believe there's still so much research to be done, we can't even fathom our changing bodies and minds.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post