Custom Search

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Butterfinger Cake

Oh I have loved butterfinger candy bars forever it seems. I thought I might share this super fun vintage butterfinger ad with you all and a great recipe




Butterfinger Cake

1 box yellow cake mix, plus ingredients to make the cake
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 jar Smucker's caramel ice cream topping
1 (8oz) tub Cool-Whip
4 regular sized Butterfinger candy bars, crushed

Bake cake in a 9x13-inch pan according to direction on the package.

While cake is baking, mix milk and caramel topping until well blended. When the cake is done and while it's still hot, poke holes in it with a fork or straw. Pour milk mixture over the cake. Allow cake to cool completely.

Sprinkle two candy bars over cake. Spread Cool Whip over the top, then sprinkle the remaining candy bars on top. Chill.

Tip: I like to freeze the butterfingers and crush them right in the wrapper.

I Heart Nap Time mop it up mondays feature
 Meatless Monday

1 comment:

  1. Oh yum! Too bad we don't have Butterfinger candy bars in England, I'd love to make this :(

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post