Custom Search

Monday, June 11, 2012

Cherry Twinkie Dessert

 I love desserts that are easy to put together and give you a head start. This dessert builds off those little cakes known as twinkies. At our house we enjoy twinkies as a snack straight out of the box and even better made into desserts


  • 14 Hostess Twinkies 
  • 2 pkgs of cherry gelatin
  • 2 cups hot water
  • 2 pkgs instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 cup cold milk
  • 1 container of whipped topping
  • 1 jar maraschino cherries
  • Place 14 Twinkie in a 9x 13 pan.
  • Dissolve the cherry gelatin in the hot water and pour evenly over the Twinkies.
  • Sprinkle on some chopped cherries.
  • Mix the milk with the pudding.
  • The mixture will be thick.
  • Carefully spread pudding over the Twinkies.
  • Spread the whipped topping over the pudding.
  • Garnish with more chopped cherries. Chill overnight then cut into pieces.
recipe source here

shared at
Tempt my Tummy Tuesdays Trick or Treat Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. My daughter would LOVE this recipe! How fun to use the twinkies. Thanks for sharing and linking to Tempt My Tummy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought to make twinkies into a dessert! This sound great! Thank you so much for sharing on Trick or Treat Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post