Custom Search

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sonoma Brinery


When I was a kid my mother would make what she would call her vinegar pickles. She would slice up some cucumbers and onions and cover them with a mixture of water, vinegar and sugar. How very tasty they were and now each summer I make this same pickle recipe for my family. Recently a  fellow friend of mine mentioned that I would love the freshness of the pickles mad by Sonoma Brinery. I decided that these sounded mighty fine and I just had to get my hands on some of these fresh pickles. I received the chance to sample some fresh pickles from Sonoma Brinery and jumped at the chance. To my surprise the good folks at Sonoma were more than generous offering me the chance to sample a variety of their products.

The owner and founder of Sonoma Brinery, David Ehreth spent 30 years in high tech telecommunications equipment. David also had a life long passion for food and had a hobby of making pickles from the cucumbers that he would grow in his garden. As Sonoma Brinery grew so did the products that was made from all natural pickles to sauerkraut. The delicious fresh like products would be carried by stores and restaurants throughout the west.

The mission of the founder and his company is to enrich the lives of their customers by offering delicious, all natural food products that taste good and also have health benefits. They choose to
• Never using artificial food preservatives, colorings and flavorings,
• Use of recyclable materials and recycling of our production waste,
• Use of organic products where possible,
• Use of only the highest quality ingredients,
• Encouraging sustainable agricultural practices.



Fresh Whole Kosher Pickles from Sonoma Brinery are barrel fremented in half-sour. Many refer to these as "King of Pickles" The pickles hold a rich flavor with nine spices, fresh garlic and sea salt. These tasty pickles have no carbs, fat, modest sodium and a powerful taste They were quite crisp and delicious in my opinion

If you remember the pickle recipe that your mom did as much as I do then you will for sure want to try the bread and butter pickles from Sonoma Brinery. With the crispness that is so much different than other pickles these delicious pickles have a bite to them as well. with Southwestern flavors and a bit of chili heat these pickles pack a flavor in my opinion surpassed to none.

When we received the raw sauerkraut my son could hardly wait to try it. The kraut lover in our family my son asked for one of his favorites sausages and kraut. I filled his wish and make kraut and sausage for the family. The raw kraut was different than the other krauts that we had grown used to and packed a taste and texture that made the entire family happy.

You can find Sonoma Brinery pickles at a variety of places. You can also find Sonoma Brinery on facebook 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post