Custom Search

Friday, March 23, 2012

Moving Stinks


Thanks for the guest post by Donn Schroeder
Moving wasn’t something I planned on but when this house came on the market I knew I had to buy it. I’ve actually been driving by this place on my way into work every morning for years and wondered who had the good fortune to live in such a beautiful old Victorian. But when it came on the market and I found I could actually afford it I was totally floored – since when could I afford a massive farmhouse like this? I mean, it needs a lot of work but it’s got great bones and it’s a bit closer to town (I can even go to http://www.satelliteinternetbroadband.com and get internet unlike at my old house!) and it’s actually shaved 10 minutes off my commute. I love being a homeowner and I love this house – I think it’s actually just been sitting here waiting for me all this time, or at least that’s what I like to think about it. I wish I had more money saved to start on the renovations right away but I’ll have to hold off!

2 comments:

  1. The experience shared on shifting different material to a new house which is far away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here are some tips we tell our customers:
    -Label your boxes. This makes unpacking much easier.
    -Make sure you pack everything properly (or have an experienced person do it for you). You don't want to deal with broken items!
    -Pack/unpack one room a day. This makes the whole process less stressful.
    -Set aside one box for essentials like utensils, toiletries, etc. so you aren't searching through tons of boxes to find them.

    Hope those are helpful!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post