Custom Search

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Morning Pancakes

My mother used to make pancakes quite often for breakfast on Sunday mornings. When my family was younger I made Sunday breakfast special for my children as well. I thought it might be a great idea to share a few pancake tips with you this wonderful sunday morning

  • use fresh ingredients , ingredients that are not so fresh will make imperfect pancake mix. 
  • it is important to bring all ingredients to room temp before mixing together. Eggs and milk should be allowed to sit to reach room temp. The result of not allowing all ingredients to reach room temp may result in tougher pancakes
  • allow batter to sit to allow the baking powder to activate within the batter. First mix so that all lumps have disappeared and allow batter to sit for at least 10 minutes
  • Prepare your skillet so that it will be hot before you pour in the batter. Warm up a bit of veggie oil or butter When pan is hot pour in batter
  • Now is where you need patience because you want to allow the pancake to form until bubbles appear on the entire surface. Then it is time to flip the pancake, turn down heat a bit and beware of burning.
  • before starting another pancake wipe surface of skillet with paper towel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post