Custom Search

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Ramen Noodles more than just soup



If you are like me then there has been some time in your life that you have dined on Ramen Noodles. I was a bit suprised to find all the wonderful recipes that call for ramen noodles.

Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
8 cups water
2 tablespoons oil (I like to use sesame oil)
2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into bite-size pieces
1 carrot, shredded
1 cup thinly slivered cabbage (like for coleslaw)
2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed
1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger (optional)
4 packages chicken- or oriental-flavor ramen noodles
Soy sauce to taste

Bring water to a boil in a soup pot. While water comes to a boil, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Saut̩ chicken until browned on all sides and cooked through. Once water comes to a boil, add saut̩ed chicken, carrot, cabbage, garlic, and ginger to pot. Cook 2 minutes, then add ramen noodles along with only 2 of the flavor packets that come with the noodles. Cook 3 minutes and not a second longer Рramen is best when not cooked to death. Taste, then add a slosh of soy sauce if you like. (I like.)
Source: My Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post