Custom Search

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Banana Split Cake

I had this dessert many years ago for the first time when my older sister fixed it for me. I found the recipe again and placed it on my blog for both me and you. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Recipe Source: Good Press blog
BANANA SPLIT CAKE

1 1/2 sticks margarine or butter, divided, softened
2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
2 cups confectioners sugar
1 8-ounce package light cream cheese
1 large can crushed pineapple, drained, reserving 1/4 cup pineapple juice
1 tub Cool Whip
3 medium bananas, sliced
chopped walnuts
maraschino cherries

Melt 1 stick butter and mix with vanilla wafers. Press into a 9-by-13 pan and bake 8 minutes at 350 degrees. Cool.

Beat 1/2 stick margarine and sugar together. Whip in cream cheese and pineapple juice. Fold in 1 cup Cool Whip. Spread over cooled crust.

Layer with sliced bananas.

Top with crushed pineapple.

Spread with remaining Cool Whip.

Sprinkle with nuts. Evenly space cherries on top.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to save this recipe, it sounds delicous! lol I could go for a piece of cake right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post